Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow not seen one of these before - DB4C

I likes this one - yummo

This one is a winner!, the gold framed/exhaust white one looks... different lol.

Comment

struth, I hadn't seen that model either...

I really like it, looks gorgeous.. and I know its probably a few years old, but by todays sport bike standards, I dont get the 2 valve engine in a bike like that??

Comment

I'll probably get flamed for this, but BIMOTA never seem to get the bodywork right.

Frames/swingarms and other factory made parts are exquisite, apart from the DB7 the panelling just doesn't do it for me.
        07 MV F41000R
        09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
        07 CBR 600RR trackbike
        sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

I'll probably get flamed for this, but BIMOTA never seem to get the bodywork right.
          I agree with that, specially with the older models, I do like the lines of the DB7 though.

And imo the ugliest bimota ever, the db3

Comment

I believe that CF one is from a older Performance streetbike mag, ex qantas CEO bike, fitted with heaps of Moto Corse gear etc, with bits from moto point in florida. a few db4's came to Oz, I'm always on the lookout for one :-(

Comment

Aren't they a basic 900cc Desmodue?

Comment

Originally posted by Ozboy View Post

Frames/swingarms and other factory made parts are exquisite, apart from the DB7 the panelling just doesn't do it for me.
                you are blind - that carbon fibre jobbie is sex on wheee-eels :-)

Comment

Originally posted by cocksnogger4 View Post
                  Aren't they a basic 900cc Desmodue?

no

Comment

Um, you sure that's not a 900cc Ducati 2 valve in there.....

Comment

the motors a 2 valve 900, later ones are fuel injected. tiny bike, feels like a rgv250, be perfect with the new 1100 motor slotted in.

Comment

hehehe yeah okay, like all bimotas they use a donor engine, in this case the carby and later on efi 900ss motor.

like all bimotas, they use their own frame and other bits n peices, in this case paoli suspension replacing the usual shows, antera rims replacing the usual brembo's , brakes appear to be the same brembo 4 potters.

the motor was also used in the earlier DB2

these db4c (corse) bikes appear to be be custom japanese specials incorporating even more bling ( that frame is anodised not painted) and looks like the suspension and rakes were upgrated possibly to customer spec and also seem the be running the
                        944 kit and also the beautiful, hand made ful titanium exhausts

Comment

Originally posted by monsta View Post
                          struth, I hadn't seen that model either...

I really like it, looks gorgeous.. and I know its probably a few years old, but by todays sport bike standards, I dont get the 2 valve engine in a bike like that??
                          Why not - there are people who like balance, poise and usability over sheer raw power.
                          The Ducati powered ones were never about tarmac shredding performance back then - they had various Suzuki and Yamaha powered models for that.

Those DB4's are niiiice! Not as angular as the DB5/DB7 models.
                          “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

Originally posted by Ozboy View Post

Totally agree they did a nasty job on the TLR/S bike they put out SB8 i think or somewhere around they , fucken looked like the elephant man from the front !
                            Having said that the SB6 was a nice looker
                            In The PSB Garage http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=114
                            The build/tidy thread http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...how-tos-56314/

Comment

SB2 ohh yeah

Comment

Working...
                              X