Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on ohlins shock

I can access 2 ohlins shockies to suit the 900ss

1 from over east Oz thats of a 2002 bike that did 55000 kays, although its u/k when the shock went on - for $650 plus postage - actually thinking about i think late model 1000ds came with the shock as standard ...anybody confirm???

or

1 from europe of a 2002 bike thats done 6500kays, but with postage its a good $900.

both appear to be in good nick - which would you pick ????

is it better to fork out the extra dollars for the low kay shock or not worry and get the chepaer one ????

ta

dc

Work out the cost of a rebuild, and factor that in to the cheap shocks price and see what the numbers are.

Comment

Postage of a shock from over east won't be cheap ($50+ ?) so the gap closes on $900.00....
      Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Ohlins, yum. Wasn't the later model rear shock a tad longer? I'm sure I read this somewhere.
        Please, call me Flash...

Comment

Originally posted by perdition View Post
          I can access 2 ohlins shockies to suit the 900ss

1 from over east Oz thats of a 2002 bike that did 55000 kays, although its u/k when the shock went on - for $650 plus postage - actually thinking about i think late model 1000ds came with the shock as standard ...anybody confirm???

or

1 from europe of a 2002 bike thats done 6500kays, but with postage its a good $900.

both appear to be in good nick - which would you pick ????

is it better to fork out the extra dollars for the low kay shock or not worry and get the chepaer one ????

ta

dc
          Check out Dan Kyle from Kyle Racing in the USA. I bought mine new at approx $AU1,000 delivered ... that was close to 50% of the price that the locals wanted. Kyle Racing sell a lot of Ohlins to Oz racers and track day punters.

You may be able to buy new for not much more.

Scott
          I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
          2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Comment

I'd get the cheaper one, and get it rebuilt with your weight in mind.

Comment

suss out wilbers and hyperpro etc, theres a elka for sale in the for sale section, not sure of length etc though.

Comment

+1 for getting a price through Kyle USA. I've had dealings with him & he's very good - they are the largest Ohlins dealer in the world if I remember correctly. Add the fact that Dan will set up the shock for your weight before he ships it, and you will get manufacturers warranty on it, & it may be more attractive than a used unit.

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Comment

I would love Ohlins on the back of my kwack, but sadly I have to factor in the cost for two.
                  To answer your question, do any local wreckers have much of a ducati range?, as the 1000ds came with Ohlins as standard.
                  Can you help with foster care?
                  http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
                    Postage of a shock from over east won't be cheap ($50+ ?) so the gap closes on $900.00....
                    hmmm postage is $25 via australia post so all up $675

Originally posted by lee View Post
                    I'd get the cheaper one, and get it rebuilt with your weight in mind.
                    good point

Originally posted by Sumfun4me View Post
                    +1 for getting a price through Kyle USA. I've had dealings with him & he's very good - they are the largest Ohlins dealer in the world if I remember correctly. Add the fact that Dan will set up the shock for your weight before he ships it, and you will get manufacturers warranty on it, & it may be more attractive than a used unit.
                    Yes very good , sent him a email last night and already got a reply - $830US inc postage $956 oz

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                    I would love Ohlins on the back of my kwack, but sadly I have to factor in the cost for two.
                    To answer your question, do any local wreckers have much of a ducati range?, as the 1000ds came with Ohlins as standard.
                    yeah i checked 1000ds came with ohlins has stock.

decision decisons :mellow:

Comment

Im just gonna revalve stock suspenders..

cheap....

Comment

Originally posted by Sumfun4me View Post
                        Dan is great to deal with and certainly cheap.
                        He will re-spring the shock for your weight and adjust the available settings to suit.

He does not rebuild them so it is possible that re-valving is still required once you receive them depending on your weight.

Comment

ohlins shock

hey buddy , both options sound good if one of them has the right spring rate in it go for it,otherwise get one from dan kyle,he will spring it for your weight,also u will have to service [2nd hand] shock in the near future another 180 dollars . all of a sudden a brand new shock from dan looks a lot cheaper. i have bought a bit of gear from dan and he really knows what he is talking about,hope this helps cheers D:

Comment

Re-valve and re-spring the stock unit...

Found a Major difference in feel from front and back on my 998
                            after re-valve/springs..

Pretty sure the stock Showa's will work a treat with work done to them.
                            Plus save some $$$$ to put towards other things..

Comment

Originally posted by nagyde View Post
                              hey buddy , both options sound good if one of them has the right spring rate in it go for it,otherwise get one from dan kyle,he will spring it for your weight,also u will have to service [2nd hand] shock in the near future another 180 dollars . all of a sudden a brand new shock from dan looks a lot cheaper. i have bought a bit of gear from dan and he really knows what he is talking about,hope this helps cheers D:

hiya Nagyde, welcome to PSB and thanks for the advice
                              cheers peCrOdRiKtSon

Comment

Working...
                              X