Got given a taste of ducati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got given a taste of ducati

Hey all MI crew well last sunday i was offered by my brother to have a ride of his M900 (with loud pipes), and i tell u what it was the most exciting 10min of my life just sitting on it at idle gave me goosebumps, and giving it some revs made me both nervous and excited at the same time.

I did actually stall it twice mainly cause the clutch was either in or out but once i got it going boy oh boy so much power and torque and the sound was incredible it was like riding thunder.

The main thing is that im now converted to sports bike and i think ive fallen in love with ducati and now know why all you ppl ride them.
    I just wish i had the funds to own one.

Sweet, way to go!!

Sounds like needs a new clutch basket for the M900..

Comment

I rode the 848 just after I bought my R6 and was glad I'd just bought the R6 ... coz I would have wanted to go straight out and buy one to replace the fazer.
      At least I had a 'new to me' bike to take my mind off the Duc.
      I'll have another ride to see if it's worn off.
      But I'm guessing it doesn't.

Comment

nice, if sitting on a duc does all that, wait till you sit on a idling guzzi!

Comment

Originally posted by Letus256 View Post
          nice, if sitting on a duc does all that, wait till you sit on a idling guzzi!
          Guzzi probably got a better clutch!!

Comment

I spent a few days on one. Fun little cruiser. Very comfy. The hydraulic dry? clutch was quite wierd, although I never managed to stall it. The thundering noise was great.

Bloody thing shook my nuts off though. Big V-twins might be fun, but they aren't smooth.

If I had the money, I'd consider one as a commuter. They are expensive to maintain though, as the parts prices are exorbitant. $65 for a brake microswitch (like the kind in a $15 computer mouse). $3 for a tiny plastic spacer.

Comment

R yes the sound, is what got me hooked on Dukes.

I remember my first ride on a GT750, loved it so much I bought it.

The great looks, handling and braking are a bonus too.

Comment

Originally posted by karen View Post
                I rode the 848 just after I bought my R6 and was glad I'd just bought the R6 ... coz I would have wanted to go straight out and buy one to replace the fazer.
                At least I had a 'new to me' bike to take my mind off the Duc.
                I'll have another ride to see if it's worn off.
                But I'm guessing it doesn't.
                Anytime honey

Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Yeah mate it's a quality and an addiction that can't be explained by looking at the numbers alone. They're just freaking awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                    Anytime honey

Might have to make it soon then.
                    I won't be so worried on the second try.

Comment

Originally posted by Squash View Post
                      Hey all MI crew well last sunday i was offered by my brother to have a ride of his M900 (with loud pipes), and i tell u what it was the most exciting 10min of my life just sitting on it at idle gave me goosebumps, and giving it some revs made me both nervous and excited at the same time.
                      You rode a Duck and got Goose bumps? This is a sign that a mere common Ducati is not for you!
                      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

duc bumps ????

Comment

Comment

Wait till you ride a four valver then
                            There are two questions in life.
                            1:Which way do I go
                            2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

Yeah, goose bumps, or guzz bumps, is a much more serious affliction. I'm sure those who don't ride Guzzis and do know someone who has been afflicted by them can attest!!
                              Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Working...
                              X