Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help needed in changing a Ducati paintscheme.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed in changing a Ducati paintscheme.

I have tried to do it in a paintscheme computer simulator and hopelessly failed to achieve what I would like to see.
    Thinking of adding colour to my 900SS like a Imola tricoloure scheme or Ducati MotoGP scheme.
    Like the silver bands and Marlboro stripes or the Imola special paintscheme.
    Because of the different fairning I have learned that a copy exactly of another bike sometimes is a disaster, hence a request from the Guru's here

this is a similair fairing and bike as mine.
    the other scheme is like our 2007MotoGP Race Replica.
    or like this
    Last edited by Jamathi; 02-10-2009, 10:26 AM.

Just from looking at the bike, it looks like you should follow the lines of it, maybe something like the tricolour model. I'm no good at photoshop so I cant really shoop it, but i mean something like this
    Attached Files
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Comment

I dont like that one on his bike. Bike isnt square enough to make that work.
        If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Sorry mate real quick one as im uber busy atm. Agree with semi though, use that as inspiration but follow the lines

Edit: haha I have put the black in the wrong spot too, working from memory was stoopid.

Comment

None of the above - get some black multispoke wheels in forged aluminium (Marchesini's, PVM or Braking B1), machined rear caliper anodized in black, polish the exhausts (except the muffler sleeves), carbon fibre belt covers, carbon fibre tank infills, ditch that rear hugger. I wouldn't paint up the fairings at all - they're fairly highly stylized as they are and the bike would look the best in the original red, waxed until the paint looks a mile deep.
            Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

here you go Bert , not photoshopped but an idea.

There are two questions in life.
              1:Which way do I go
              2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

Originally posted by Satan1 View Post

Sorry mate real quick one as im uber busy atm. Agree with semi though, use that as inspiration but follow the lines

Edit: haha I have put the black in the wrong spot too, working from memory was stoopid.

I like this one.

True to both the original scheme and the lines of the bike itself
                Find me on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rider View Post
                  here you go Bert , not photoshopped but an idea.

almost a bit like a Hailwood rep scheme!

Comment

Hailwood Rep, imagine with the retro decals

Comment

Originally posted by Jamathi View Post
                      almost a bit like a Hailwood rep scheme!
                      that ones getting there, looks good

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

poor p'shops & horible colours is all i see. thread gave me some lol's tho XD
                        (btw i'm with what rod said)

Comment

^
                          as above.

I've tried and failed a number of times.

They're lumpy curvy bikes with really nice lines and chucking paint on top seems to ruin the look of the bike completely.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkMark View Post
                            poor p'shops & horible colours is all i see. thread gave me some lol's tho XD
                            (btw i'm with what rod said)
                            What's wrong with MSpaint colours? Easy to critique when you haven't added anything, do us up a professional Photoshop job then.
                            Last edited by D.J; 04-10-2009, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Sadly I cannot make better pictures of the actual bike at the moment.
                              paintscheme most liked would be like the 2007 MAD Ducati race rep.
                              They are stickers only that can be applied and taken off with no spraying involved.

Comment

Working...
                              X