2010 MV Agusta Brutale First Look :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 MV Agusta Brutale First Look :)

was reading 30/09 edition of Bangkok Post last night and read an article on the new Brutale.... this is the article here
    MV Agusta rolls out two new models

ZoomBookmarkSharePrintListenTranslate
    The Italian motorcycle maker MV Agusta Group unveiled its first new models in 10 years on Monday, saying its purchase by motorcycle giant Harley-Davidson Inc last year is beginning to pay off.
    The two new bikes — new versions of its Brutale sport bikes — are geared toward younger, affluent riders interested in MV Agusta’s sporty performance rides. The 2010 Brutale 990R has a 990 cubiccentimetre engine and will be priced at $15,000 when it goes on sale in the US at the end of this year or early next year. The 2010 Brutale 1090R has a more powerful engine and will cost $18,000.
    Larry Ferracci, MV Agusta’s director of US operations, said the bikes ‘‘mark a big step for the once-struggling motorcycle maker.’’
    He said the company’s acquisition by Harley gave MV Agusta deeper pockets to keep developing new products, several more of which it will roll out soon, though he would not provide specifics.
    Ferracci also said the company was looking to expand its US dealer base from the 40 it has now to 50 or 55 in the next 12 to 18 months.

Milwaukee-based Harley-Davidson bought MV Agusta last July for $109 million in a bid to lift its presence in Europe and enter the popular performance bike segment.
    Sport motorcycles typically focus on performance and speed over comfort, requiring riders to lean forward. Heavyweight motorcycles like Harley’s popular touring bikes are heavier and allow riders to sit upright, allowing for more relaxed riding.
    Sport bikes are popular among younger motorcycle riders, particularly in Europe — both markets that Harley has been trying to tap to help combat falling sales.
    Harley’s customer base is primarily US baby boomers, many of whom have been hit hard by the housing crisis and the troubled financial markets.
    Harley has enjoyed growing appeal overseas in recent years. In 2008, its motorcycle shipments in the US fell 15% to 206,300 units while international shipments climbed 9% to 97,000. Last month, Harley announced its entry to the motorcycle market in India, where it says a rising affluent class is showing interest in heavyweight cruisers.
    ‘‘It’s a diversification move,’’ Van Conway, president of the turnaround firm Conway MacKenzie Inc, said of Harley’s MV Agusta acquisition.
    ‘‘It’s something I think Harley has to do in terms of entering more segments of the motorcycle than the cruiser motorcycle.’’
    MV Agusta remains a niche player in the motorcycle market.
    The Varese, Italy-based company shipped 5,800 bikes in 2007 and has a worldwide network of 500 dealers. Harley-Davidson, by contrast, shipped more than 330,000 bikes in the same year and has about 1,300 dealers.
    MV Agusta’s motorcycles range from about $15,000 to $25,000, with some special edition bikes running more than $100,000. Harley-Davidson bikes range from between $7,000 to about $35,000 for some high-end models.
    Ferracci said although then-private MV Agusta was surviving on its own before it was acquired by Harley, ‘‘as the economy changed, there was a need in finding us an acquisition partner.’’ Harley-Davidson said last year MV Agusta had to slow production due to financial difficulties.

Found another article here................................

2010 MV Agusta Brutale First Look - MV Agusta Street Bike First Look - Motorcycle USA
    However, FJ and Uncle Ho (MyFX) are 2 examples of people that dont fit this genre but fit into the forum well as well respected members.

85% new parts, yet looking 95% exactly the same. Why fucking bother?
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
      ^this.

I love the brutale but like the F4 it really is due for a change.

Comment

I think the Ducati 999 is still fresh in their minds.
        Can you help with foster care?
        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

It has a fair few minor cosmetic changes and the engine is changed from the previous model. I'm intrigued by the new Audi style led strip but can't find many decent photos of it.

I still prefer the silver engine block I have on my 750 compared to the black they use now. Now I just need to find one to ride.

Comment

amen to that.

aren't MV supposed to working on a mid-size sports bike also? any news on when that will be released? as much as i like the F4 i can't wait to see what the next incarnation will look like.

Comment

Originally posted by Satan1 View Post
              ^this.

I love the brutale but like the F4 it really is due for a change.
              Really? And why is that?
              07 MV F41000R
              09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
              07 CBR 600RR trackbike
              sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                So it almost is a Harley????? They all look the same.
                Originally posted by Ozboy View Post
                Really? And why is that?
                I love the F4 but it's getting a bit long in the tooth and is due an update. The look hasn't changed since the F4 750 which, in biking standards, is like the Countach lasting 25 years, but it needs a facelift.
                2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                Amen, brother. Amen.
                My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

No need to change something that still looks better than any other bike available. I may be biased though.

Having said that I am keen to see a new F4....as long as they keep some of the distinctive features of the current one.

Originally posted by areS View Post

aren't MV supposed to working on a mid-size sports bike also? any news on when that will be released? as much as i like the F4 i can't wait to see what the next incarnation will look like.
                  Yeah apparently working on a 675....but as always with MV lots of talk but nothing delivered. The Milan show last week was meant to debut the new model but as far as I can tell nothing happened.
                  Automotive & Motorcycle Photographer | http://www.janglovac.com/motorcycle/

www.facebook.com/JanGlovacPhotography

Comment

Originally posted by areS View Post
                    amen to that.

i think there were some spy pics in one of the latest issues of AMCN, i dont think they had a release date though....

Comment

..... text from the link I posted to a second article.......

Both models share the same basic infrastructure – frame, bodywork, engine – most of which is new or updated in some way. In fact, no part on either of the new models is said to be interchangeable with that of previous Brutales.

...................... the same negative comments fit nicely with updated models of every motorcycle manufacturer....
                      However, FJ and Uncle Ho (MyFX) are 2 examples of people that dont fit this genre but fit into the forum well as well respected members.

Comment

Better pics,
                        MV Agusta Introduces Redesigned Brutale 990R and 1090RR
                        Can you help with foster care?
                        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Why change something that works and looks good???
                          Just ask Ducati after dropping 916 series...

I like the Brutale

Comment

MV Agusta 2010 Brutale 990R - 1090RR! - webBikeWorld

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                              So it almost is a Harley????? They all look the same.

I love the F4 but it's getting a bit long in the tooth and is due an update. The look hasn't changed since the F4 750 which, in biking standards, is like the Countach lasting 25 years, but it needs a facelift.
                              Go to an MV dealership and spend half an hour going over the bike and come out with a list of things you'd have changed. I bet it would be a very short list indeed Mr Horny

I've had the MV for over 2 years and I still stop and look at it as I walk past it in the garage.
                              07 MV F41000R
                              09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
                              07 CBR 600RR trackbike
                              sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X