Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on this 748 SP

Hey

I'm looking to upgrade and originally i had my hearts set on an r6 or r1 however the other week i had a 748 ride pass me and i fell in love with the styling, i was checking out bikesale and came across this one

Used Motorcycles For Sale - Buy and Sell Used Motorcycles Australia - bikesales.com.au

what are peoples opinion on it? should i stay away from it because its a private import?

Also if anyone could point me in the direction of a good 748 for sale that would be great as my search has came up very limited in perth

Give Justin @ Pro Twin a bell, he's rebuilt a 916 (the 748's big brother) from the ground up & it's very nice ... if I didn't already have one I owulda bought it ... he may still have it available.
    .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

I agree with Smeghead...

Comment

Stunning in black... I love the 916 family more after every passing day

Just wondering, if you were to buy a 748, on what basis would you be ridding it? casual rides or commuting?

Originally posted by smeghead View Post
        Give Justin @ Pro Twin a bell, he's rebuilt a 916 (the 748's big brother) from the ground up & it's very nice ... if I didn't already have one I owulda bought it ... he may still have it available.
        This one?

Last edited by Xuaxace; 03-10-2009, 04:38 AM.

Comment

I've had 6 Ducati's and without a doubt, the 748SP was the best one of the lot. That import job has had a lot of money thrown at it but you would really need to ride it to know how good it is.
          Please, call me Flash...

Comment

Buying a Jap bike is like marrying the "right" person. They'll be there for you day in and day out, but in the end it will be monotonous.

Buying the bike you love will be more like a good hooker. It'll will cost you, but you get the thrills you want, when you want. Just get protection because that level of fun can sometimes mean you can never go back!

D'Art

Comment

Originally posted by smeghead View Post
              Hi ya, definitely give Justin a ring.

At the moment he has both a 916 and 748 for sale. (both in red)

Both are to die for

Have fun looking and take a cloth to wipe up your drool

Comment

Careful when buying a 748. They seem to make their owners highly irritable.........

(ducks for cover)
                Can you help with foster care?
                http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's the one that was a manheim fowles recently?
                  Not damaged or anything just up for auction, there was a thread here.

Here:
                  ManheimFowles - Vehicle Details - Recreation

Comment

thanks everyone =) don't really want to go higher in the cc so 916 so out.

i will be using the bike for causal riding and some track work

Comment

Originally posted by Satan1 View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that's the one that was a manheim fowles recently?
                      Not damaged or anything just up for auction, there was a thread here.

Here:
                      ManheimFowles - Vehicle Details - Recreation
                      It sure does look like the same bike, which is a bit wierd, seeing as the auction isnt on till 27th oct.

Comment

i'd go and look at it, possibly ask a mechanically minded Duc owner to go and check it out with you.
                        Makes you wonder why it has been repainted though, I'm always cautious of repainted bikes.

Comment

thats looks a sweet looking bike.
                          If you was looking a few months ago there was a few a couple of 748s for sale in Perth. I bought 1 of them. I paid 8k for a 2000 but it has high K's
                          Seems the price of them around that year model is around 10-12 grand but that one looks like its had some money spent on it. tho,that shouldn't add much to the value.
                          see if you can get em down in the price a bit and it might be a nice bike...

Comment

Check full service history, of course..

Pro Twin has a 749 for sale.
                            This would be better option...

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                              i'd go and look at it, possibly ask a mechanically minded Duc owner to go and check it out with you.
                              Makes you wonder why it has been repainted though, I'm always cautious of repainted bikes.
                              Check the Chasis and Engine numbers.....just to make sure it actually came out of the factory as an SP and still has an SP motor in it (if it did)....
                              Does it have a plate and if so what Number is it?

There's alot of people trying to pass modded 748 & 916s as other models.....
                              PrestigeCBR's 916 is a good example as a quick glimpse on the street would have you thinking it's a 996R......
                              (ofcourse the Showa's give it away though)

Comment

Working...
                              X