off road license.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off road license.

anyone know exactly what this gets you? I got mine for my crf 450 ages ago after getting pinged by a ranger. From what i kinda gathered it doesnt give you much just means you are third party insured (for personal injury only) but only if your on gov approved moto riding land. Think lancelin and a couple other spots around perth.

Yep, Lancelin, Medina (kwinana Thomas road) and Gnangara Road is about the only places that you can use that rego I believe.
    Paul

Stuff the two strokes. Joined the four stroke club.

Comment

Ledge Point has an off-road area as well, bit of a moto-x track in there.

Comment

havent heard of the ledge point one. Similar riding to lancelin?

Comment

haven't ridden it for years karri - sandy MX track with a few trails around the nearby scrub, no dune riding.

you can see it from the road to lancelin, turn left at the Ledge Point sign and it's about 400m up on the left.

it's all sign posted, so you shouldn't miss it.

there's a little MX track at York as well on the road out to Northam - pretty short track, bit of a kiddies track but has some good berms and a nice table top.

Comment

i heard that they were trying to set up a moto park a hour or two out of perth. Saw a website for it a while ago. Dont know if it ever got off the ground though

Comment

Yeah that was out at whylcatchym which is about 3 and a half hours out. Looked into it a bit more and it all seems to be very flat with a few bits of dirt put around the place. for there sake i do hope they get it off the ground
              Just do it. Seriously, if you look up the standing rules of PSB it goes something like this.

1. Dont be a dick
              2. Desmo is allowed to be a dick (sometimes)
              3. Buy the one with the most Duke
              4. Dont ask about fixing the search function.
              etc etc..

Comment

Who told you it gave you insurance? I haven't seen the fees this year, but probably still the same... It's $12. The fees are clearly broken down on the form, $6 for the plates, $6 for the processing. There is not insurance. It gives you accountability while using your off road vehicle, so you are somewhat less likely to be an absolute cock than if you have the benefit of no identifiable vehicle markings and a helmet covering your face, this is why they want you to have it.

Comment

That area across the road from the main entrance to Barbagello was a designated off-road area a few years ago, went past there a few months ago and quite a few trees had been cleared so it may not exist still if anyone knows?

Comment

where were you riding when you got pinged?

Comment

coulda sworn you got covered if you injured someone. Definately could be wrong. Yeah might be worth a trip out to it. Googled it. West moto park. 100 bucks to ride sat and sun and camp sat night. Might be good with a few crew out there. Were still lacking though. Heard queensland government had set out 700 odd acres for recreational use. Got pinged back when i was living in bunno. Got off with a warning. Got done at my car. Woulda just bailed any other time.

Comment

Yeah, if you want injury insurance you'd probably want a private healthcare policy for yourself. For others, I'd just be guessing, but perhaps there's some kind of public liability insurance?

Comment

so where do you get the license from?? DPI?

Comment

yeah from dpi it was dirt cheap i remember that much

Comment

Originally posted by karri View Post
                              anyone know exactly what this gets you? I got mine for my crf 450 ages ago after getting pinged by a ranger. From what i kinda gathered it doesnt give you much just means you are third party insured (for personal injury only) but only if your on gov approved moto riding land. Think lancelin and a couple other spots around perth.
                              I looked into this and decided it was a waste of time and money. Better to get a fully registed bike.
                              "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

Working...
                              X