Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to Ride are Perth

Hi All

This has probally been posted 1000 times but where are some good places to ride around Perth.

I have currenlty been riding up North around ledge Point , Wedge but just wanted somewhere around perth that is a little closer for a Sunday bash with few mates.

Any sugestions woudl be great !!!!

Some of the usuall places are o'brien rd off toodyay rd. There is chitterring valley road. And some beautiful roads down south. Most rides I do or take part in either go south or east. Have fun looking/riding round.
    Let him who desires peace prepare for war......

Comment

This is in the talking dirty forum, I'd suggest that as the OP has outlined Wedge and Lancelin that he's possibly looking for places to ride his dirt squirter.

Comment

You will haveto keep an eye on this section of the forum and come for a ride with us. We can't just give out spots away.
        IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Mundaring power lines

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
          Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

The 4wd groups got together and had a whinge. We are not permitted to be there anymore. Like they could catch us anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post
              The 4wd groups got together and had a whinge. We are not permitted to be there anymore. Like they could catch us anyway.
              Haven't you got rego on your bike? If you have rego and a licence, you should be able to go anywhere a 4wd can legally go.

Otherwise, there is a couple of bits of sweet single track down Gorrie road. Got it on my GPS.
              Paul

Stuff the two strokes. Joined the four stroke club.

Comment

Where is somewhere to ride around the Gosnells/Armadale area, I live in Thornlie ?

Comment

I'm all licenced and rego'ed so I ride up to the top of Canning Mill Rd and follow the "gazzetted roads". After that I stay away from others and just try to be a bit careful. Other wise I put the bike on the trailer and head down to the Metro rd area.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                    You will haveto keep an eye on this section of the forum and come for a ride with us. We can't just give out spots away.
                    Why not? You don't own them.

Comment

Are you a cop?

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post
                        Why not? You don't own them.
                        Because no single-trail areas in WA are strictly legal for anyone to ride, rego or not.

Because "parking areas" are not officially sanctioned, therefore: a) they are not maintained by DEC or similar, so if too many people start using them they get full of rubbish and car bodies and turn into shitholes, and b) If we publicise them on a forum it makes it easier for cops/rangers to stake them out.

Because, being unmanaged, singletrail is not directional, and no one keeps left, so safety relies basically on as few people using/knowing about riding spots as possible.

Enough reasons not to paste our treasured riding spots on the net?

Comment

I went to canning mills rd and its impossible to ride there with a bike on a trailer or ute, no place to park, houses every where, narrow gravel tracks, u cant unleach, i drove to byford and back and found not one single spot i could take this bike off the ute, looks like the old gnangara pines is the only option, a long drive but at least there are long flat tracks to do monos..... any suggestions for south of the river? where do all the dirt bikers meet ???

Comment

If your bike isn't registered you could always join the T & E club. Pretty good calendar with regular events. Get to ride plenty of great places without having to worry about getting busted by the popo.
                            Originally posted by The Wolf
                            That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.

Comment

you need a licensed bike to do T&E events - B class rego at a minimum.

their events calendar gives you an idea of where the good trails are going to be
                              Last edited by Rodent; 18-04-2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X