Yz400 very noob question!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yz400 very noob question!!

Been trying to do a google search but can't find anything on the gearbox oil spec for this bike?

It's a 98-99 yz400f anyone know what oil to put and where from? Cheers.

i used Shell Advance semi synthetic in all 3 yzf's i owned then switched to motul 5100 for all my crf's . one of our local pro riders ran caltex oil , just use the best quality you can afford and change it as often as you can afford , most oil companies make a good range of 4stroke engine oils , p.s dont believe the hype that some bikes only use certain oils because its only a sales pitch

Comment

So the engine oil is the gearbox oil? Or am I reading this wrong?

Comment

Yep, engine oil also is the g/box oil. I use yamalube in my YZ450. But any good oil will do the job

Comment

only the crf's ( could be wrong ) run seperate oils how ever most run the same oil in both engine and gearbox

Comment

I run Motul 5100 in my 03 WR450, have used Shell Advance in other previous bikes and even Castrol's equivalent without issues.

Change it often, along with the filter as yes they are shared engine and gbox.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
            your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

Working...
            X