Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small 2strokes punching above their weight

how do you dismount a guy who,s 6ft 5 120kg and normaly rides a cr500
    simple just add a 125 two stroke and a couple of beers and let the frivolity begin
    thanks steve

Nice one. You even took a fair bit of bark off yourself. Nylons are quite abrasive in a crash which is another reason why I wear skins and Fox Titan pro knee guards.
    Paul

Stuff the two strokes. Joined the four stroke club.

Comment

I hear the same thing happens on a 250f
      Lost and on reserve

Comment

Originally posted by smitto81 View Post
        I hear the same thing happens on a 250f
        any one see a pattern forming here
        thanks steve

Comment

Hey mate, for future reference how does one get their bike recreational licensed?

Comment

take your vin number 16 dollars to licencing fill in the form take your plate home
            stick it on your bike thats it no need to take bike topits so it super easy
            thanks steve

Comment

Originally posted by orangeflash View Post
              any one see a pattern forming here
              All in good fun mate, and it ended fairly well. Therefore i give you 5 kudos for putting the vid up. It's never good to take yourself too seriously;-)
              Last edited by smitto; 30-06-2011, 06:30 PM.
              Lost and on reserve

Comment

Originally posted by orangeflash View Post
                take your vin number 16 dollars to licencing fill in the form take your plate home
                stick it on your bike thats it no need to take bike topits so it super easy
                What is the benefit of registering it?

Comment

Sweet FA really. I only bought a regoed bike due to long term reasons. If you have full A class rego AND a road worthy bike (mirrors, legal tires, chain guards, indicators, horn, mudguard extender, etc), then you can legally ride anywhere that a registered car or fourby can go and the cops can't touch you. They can probably book you for speeding, doing wheelies, spinning your wheels, etc so you can be hoon lawed and lose your bike for 28 days and cost you 800 bucks to get it out. Also, if they see anything that looks dodgy, you'll probably cop a yellow and have to take it over the pits. You can ride your regoed dirt bike down to the shops but really, most of us don't buy a racing dirt bike to ride to the shops on it.
                  I personally think B class rego is probably the way to go for most of us. It means you can slightly modify your MX bike to use in enduro events that use public areas.
                  Until recently, I have always ridden MX bikes in the bush. They are light and aren't cluttered up with heaps of crap you don't need when carving the trails. MX suspension can be firm but depending on your weight and how fast you ride, it isn't much of an issue.
                  My new KTM125EXC wouldn't pass the pits ATM with its tiny LED indicators, removed chain guard, removed rear extender and no mirrors so I sort of think what was the point.
                  Paul

Comment

Wouldn't get over with the knobbies either. I should put my plate etc back on my 525.

Comment

I still have the road legal knobbies on the EXC at the moment. But yeah, it doesn't matter if you have one potential defect or 20 as it only takes one to get spotted by the copper to get you a ticket for the pits and lots of work putting all the road legal stuff back on for inspection.

Have a look at where we go dirt biking and see how many people have rego. Not many.

Having a plate on the back when doing illegal activities just makes it easier to track you down should you elect to do a runner.

I suppose the choice is either do the right thing totally in every way or do the wrong thing and most likely get away with it and enjoy yourself just as much with less hassle and expense.
                      Paul

Comment

also with full A class rego your insurance will be cheaper if you are going to insure the bike. For my bike paying the rego and insurance comes out pretty equal to having it unreg and paying for the special insurance.

Comment

Working...
                        X