Dirt ride this Saturday (22nd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirt ride this Saturday (22nd)

I'm loading the yz up and heading down to the Kwinana Off-Road area Saturday morning for a bit of a ride aiming to get there between 9am and 10am. Weather's saying possible light showers so I'll just ride between showers . Anyone else keen to meet up and go for a dirt bike ride around there?. I might go again Sunday morning too depending on how I feel
    Last edited by Ridges; 20-09-2012, 03:57 PM.

Good luck dodging car bodies, white goods and general rubbish.

Seriously mate I wouldn't bother going there. You'd be better off going up to pinjar or gnangarra pines.

If you can hang out till Sunday I'm going to organise a ride somewhere decent.
    Can't ride for shit, but I fall really good!

Comment

Keen but my hand is in a brace for another 2 weeks at least
      Project: Fix my tard! Now with extra reliability!
      SupermotoWA on Bookface
      You should go here and here, and definitely here.

Comment

Originally posted by Renton View Post
        Will keep an eye on this

Comment

Originally posted by Renton View Post
          Good luck dodging car bodies, white goods and general rubbish.

Seriously mate I wouldn't bother going there. You'd be better off going up to pinjar or gnangarra pines.

Yeah it's a bit nasty down there, not too bad in the big clearing near the Thomas rd entrance; I'll be hanging around there or goin across the road where the pipelines are. I'll be keen for a Sunday ride too I'll keep an eye on this thread

Comment

We are going out up at Pickering brook on Saturday if youre keen i will send you a pm when i know more,Has a bit of pea gravel,rocks,mud,water etc similar to metros in alot of ways !

Just got to see if our tour guide Grant is available !!!!!

Rentons right its a bit of a dogs breakfast

Regards Dazza

Comment

crap got the suspension out of the wr and getting serviced.. dam like pickering brook..have to get my back up bike up and running

i,m good for the following weekend if sumthing is on..and i think karri is back too..

here dazza whats that clutch like?

Comment

fuck nose havent tried it,can tell you its like a high stall in a car(maybe the way its set) but yeah pickering brook over a few rocks could be a good place to test her out\\

Regards dazza

Comment

ok interested it knowin what ya think.. a hi stall hey diffrent.. hey smitto ya didnt leave any feeler gauges in did ya .... sorry jokin

Comment

I was out at Thomas Road ORV two weekends ago and nearly got cleaned up by some 40yo bloke on a quad bike going flat out around blind corner's.
                    There is a fair bit more junk getting dumped out there latley to.
                    Its a shame because there are a few good tracks out there.

Comment

I often go to Kwinana ORV, it isn't too bad if you live close want some somewhere quick to go for a short ride. My ute broke down so I currently have no transport to get bike anywhere and it's close by, a ride in a shit area is still better than no ride at all. The rubbish/cars being dumped is no where near as bad this year as it has been previous years but still highly annoying, the most dangerous thing is the quads and 4wd coming around blind corners at speed. The area is also heavily chopped up by the 4wd's and the 4wd's during the wet season is too high to enjoy the area on a bike.

Though honestly I usually pass through and head to the area over the road from the cemetery or follow the train tracks further south and ride/explore around there. though as Craig said, it's a pity as the Kwinana ORV has some half decent tracks if it wasn't for the 4wd's, quads and rubbish.

Can't wait to get another car so I can get back out to riding in some decent areas

Comment

I'll be goin to kwinana tomoro morn now as its the closest for mate and I. Would be keen to go to pickering brook another time tho. Still keen for sunday morning too tho

Comment

Sorry for the late notice guys but only just finalised things for tomorrow.

If anyone wants to come you can meet us at the Rock Inne on brookton hwy at 8am.

Let me know tonight if you're coming otherwise me and my mate are heading straight out to metro rd.

Cheers
                          Can't ride for shit, but I fall really good!

Comment

Ended up going to the Thomas st section first thing yesterday morning. Wasn't too bad for a few hours. Mike ended up mentioning a better area a few k's south past the cemetery so we went there and I found that place a lot better. Tracks were more compact and smooth and the jumps were fun . I think we got a bit too excited for our first time there and ended up having to try the jumps out

Comment

Working...
                            X