Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belrays or Yamalube?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Belrays or Yamalube?

    Hi,

    I've been using Belrays 4 stroke oil on recommendation from my bikes previous owner. However, Yamalube is a lot cheaper than what I'm using now.

    Will there be any significant difference if I switch to Yamalube over Belrays? For the same viscosity/weight, is there a quality difference?

  • #2
    Depends on the type of oil to some degree, but its never going to be that much difference. If they are both either mineral, semi-synthetic or full synthetic they will be near enough the same.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
      Depends on the type of oil to some degree, but its never going to be that much difference. If they are both either mineral, semi-synthetic or full synthetic they will be near enough the same.
      Indeed.
      Inb4 "Motul is better than everything"
      Yamalube is fine.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think [MENTION=6799]BlackFZR[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4980]Arwon[/MENTION] use yamalube?
        The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

        Comment


        • #5
          personally it doesn't matter what oil aslong as the weight is right, I have used yamalube and I cant justify paying the price.I have always used Castrol lubricants and coolant in all my cars and have started using it in my bike.

          Comment


          • #6
            As long as the SAE ratings [however this can also be changed , but won't get into an arguement about that point. ] are adhered to and it is wet clutch suitable , you will be fine with most oils.

            Your oil should be changed well before oil loses it's viscosity and burns off any suited friction reduction ability.

            I have 3 different bikes and use whatever oil the shop uses. I couldn't care less as oils get dropped very regularly anyway so oil degredation is a non-issue.
            Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 96 View Post
              I think BlackFZR and Arwon use yamalube?
              yes we do Aaiden,
              it has proved to be very good. from what i have learnt over the years is a lot of oils have very similar qualities in the same brackets, but Yamalube is very good value and we have had no problems since we started using it last year. We use fully synthetic.

              There new chain lube is mint also.
              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

              Comment


              • #8
                OK all, thanks for the tips and info. Looks like I'll be purchasing Yamalube or an alternative. The price for Belrays oil is just criminal.

                Cheers

                Comment


                • #9
                  As long as this butt points to the ground no way on Gods earth is anything that even resembles Yamahardly goin' in any of my Hondas!
                  faster ya go closer to nirvana

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I use belray on my TM and wouldnt use anything else. Oil weights can be the same but it doesnt mean the quality of the oil is the same. Expensive oil is a small price to pay to look after an expensive toy. I should know I change mine every 2-3 hours
                    Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What's more critical is that you change it often.
                      Every one has a story.....

                      http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Thunderbird View Post
                        I use belray on my TM and wouldnt use anything else. Oil weights can be the same but it doesnt mean the quality of the oil is the same. Expensive oil is a small price to pay to look after an expensive toy. I should know I change mine every 2-3 hours
                        For racing maybe, but for 99.99% of the bikes on the road, changing the oil regularly is far more important than viscosity retention ratios.

                        Few bikes will ever run close to redline for any meaningful period of time and temps needed to destroy oil will probably never be reached.

                        The recommended oil for a Desmodecici is Shell Advance.

                        Here is their website and an explanation of the miraculous *RCE technology.

                        Shell Advance: Shell Advance Ultra - Australia

                        So , if you can live without RCE , then most semi synthetics or a reasonable quality oil will do the job for a 3-5k change.
                        Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ReCon View Post
                          For racing maybe, but for 99.99% of the bikes on the road, changing the oil regularly is far more important than viscosity retention ratios.

                          Few bikes will ever run close to redline for any meaningful period of time and temps needed to destroy oil will probably never be reached.

                          The recommended oil for a Desmodecici is Shell Advance.

                          Here is their website and an explanation of the miraculous *RCE technology.

                          Shell Advance: Shell Advance Ultra - Australia

                          So , if you can live without RCE , then most semi synthetics or a reasonable quality oil will do the job for a 3-5k change.
                          Dude, you're in the dirty section. Desmosedici might as well be a harley thing.
                          3-5k oil changes no bueno for enduro or mx bikes.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            Dude, you're in the dirty section. Desmosedici might as well be a harley thing.
                            3-5k oil changes no bueno for enduro or mx bikes.
                            Dang- best I rip the knobblys of my Desmo tomorrow then…

                            My fuck up , apologies…..
                            Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I run yamalube and am very happy with it. We have quite a few guys that come in who dont ride yamahas and still use their oil. I've heard people go back and forth "(insert brand of oil) is crap, I'd never run it". Guess its all personal preference.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X