Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

big bore euro 4 stroke enduro bikes. thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big bore euro 4 stroke enduro bikes. thoughts?

Beta
    Sherco
    Husky
    KTM
    Husaberg (are they still around?)
    KTM
    Gas Gas
    TM

looking at holding off on a cruiser purchase and getting a 450+ endure bike so keen on feedback on euro owners for bikes 2010+, parts backups etc.

will be coping ot ADB shootouts reviews etc :-)

Value for money would have to be the Huskys at the moment. Next year the Bergs will be rebranded as Huskys and will be a sight more expensive than the current crop.
    I have a 2007 TE510 and love it as an off road weapon and picked up a 2012 TE310 for the more serious single trail and love it too. They come std with Brembo's, Braking Rotors, Sachs and Marzocci suspension, Ti Exhaust etc etc.
    Haven't owned any of the others recently so can't comment on them personally but a 450 or 510 Husky for around or under $10K is value in my book.
    If you give Pete at T4B a call tell him I sent you for a good deal if he has any current stock left.
    I think the 2014 Husky's (re-badged Bergs) hit the floor in around May/June
    RR VRT #100
    Sponsors Wanted.
    Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
    A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

the cost of parts can be expensive if you need them urgently as there are usually less places that stock parts. but the quality of them is generally pretty good and generally have nicer "aftermarket type" brands on them as standards

Comment

mate Go for a KTM, I just purchased a 2014 KTM500 exc , ive always raced Honda 450s and finally gave in and went orange, very Good parts back up, Savage Suzuki, Mandurah KTM, Waneroo KTM Bunbury KTM and causeway, They carry Quite a lot of spares and parts, Ktm has been Voted best Big Bore in ADB Shootout, mate I Bloody love it and should have done it years ago, loads of grunt in stock form, Ive just brought a Mapping switch and im looking at a AKROPOVIC Exhaust to unlock a few more ponys. Personally dealt with Ram From Wanneroo KTM and was very Impressed, also threw in some genuine Rad gaurds and fitted them for free. Go orange and Don't Turn Back!!

Comment

I have a registered MY2011 (2010 Build) KTM 450EXC that I bought a couple of weeks ago and am not sure I like so thinking about selling it on.
          Bought it to use as a motard but haven't gelled with it at all. Needs a bit of TLC and a new chain/sprockets (have the chain). Has all the offroad bits as well as a set of motard wheels.
          If you're interested, let me know.

Comment

For what it's worth these new FI WR450Fs go hard. I would hardly ever be able to put all the power to the ground out in the bush, anything more would be a waste. On the road it gets up and beyond 100kph rapidly, sure the 510cc and 525cc might have a few more kph flat out but once you get above 120kph with the stock rims and tyres the bike starts to become very twitchy anyway.
            "Starin' at the world through my rearview"

Comment

with Chrimsey I bought a new 2014 450 exc wish i had bought the 500 its a weapon but easy to get on with

Comment

I only took my KTM640SM "off road" a couple of times, there is so much power (54HP) and instant torque I couldn't imagine how people could use all that power off road. It was an animal.
                -

Comment

Love my '08 530EXC, if I had the time to ride it I wouldnt be selling it ($4.5k if you are interested!)

They are a bit more labor intensive I have heard anything from 90-250hr's out of an engine before they blew, So it does depend on how it is ridden. Riding around Gnangara / Pinjar etc Its pretty much just stick it in third and let the engine do its job, heaps of torque which makes them great in the power sapping sand. Out on the hard pack stuff they will destroy tyres and 12'oclock you on the back wheel if you are not careful with the throttle! Suspension is great as are the brakes.

Would i get one again later in life? Probably - Tossing up between another one or a 300EXC when I finish with superbikes.

Comment

Not sure if this helps, but I just purchased a Husaberg TS450E. Sure it may not be a 500+, but it goes hard!. She's got 12.7 to 1 compression, titanium valves etc. It wheelies in 1st and 2nd without clutch kicking (I need to learn the lingo)

I love the thing so much I want another specifically for the dirt.

Regarding parts availability. The Waneroo dealer gave me excellent service. The prices are obviously higher than buying overseas. But I priced up a bunch of parts and found everthing still available. Some parts werent available like the 'exhaust body' etc (not that you'd by one of course). But coming from Automotive parts, I was impressed.

The only gripe, albeit minor is the maintenance regime. 3 hour oil changes, same for valve clearances (these arent the bucket type, so no shims required). At least its not an SVX ...

Comment

I'm not sure if this is how you work it out, but with the big LC4s the service interval is 5,000km (if I recall) at average of 60kmh this means the service interval is 83 hours. Sure they wiegh 150kg but 55-65HP is not to be sneezed at.
                      -

Comment

Yeah but the 500's are also 55-60hp...
                        and only 100kg

Comment

plenty of 4 stroke 250 2013 mx bikes at BTC going cheap, and a nice 511 motard!

Comment

ktm the others might not be as reliable in my experience,a mate has a 510 husky seeing what he went through i would never buy one but did have a95wr360 two stroke that was reliable and a brilliant bike,i still own my fc 501 berg but not running with the dreaded dead stator one of the best bikes ive owned but also the worst when it wouldnt start or suspension oil leaks.
                            the jap bikes have caught up to the euro,s these days unless your an one eyed fan go for the best deal not brand

Comment

I've been looking at changing to the DS bikes lately and after checking out a few reviews decided to check out the terra today. Looks as though it's a bit late as husky no longer makes them seems husky is heading in a different direction since being bought out hey. Might not be such a good buy as parts are only garaunteed for 10 yrs from previous owners BMW. Might wait a while before buying anything husky till they sought where they're going.
                              Ninety nine percent of the people in this world are fools. The rest of us are in great danger of contagion.

Comment

Working...
                              X