Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC size and injuries

Noticing a trend with cc size and injuries when dirtbiking
    entered the dirtworld via KTM690. had a ball, rode slow in tight twisties but fast on the fire trails and sweeping bends. Fell off loads no injuries bar bruising. realizing I'm trying to ride it like a enduro bike
    so bought a Husky TE450. speeded up in twistes and jump lots. Fell off less but bruising and bashes becoming more painful but not serious. Completed in events loved this bike.
    bought a Husky TC250 for the MX track and for fitness training. Jump, roost berms jump, berms, wheelies, slides, endos', log jumping speed everywhere except fire trails. best fun bike. Hardly fall off as bike so light its easy to save, but when i do injuries are actual a bit serious. Last 12 months ligaments ripped in ankle so off for 4wk, broke bone in wrist 4wks off, cracked ribs 3wks off, broken knee 3-4 months off.
    fully high quality body armour and boots which have reduced the injuries.
    So I'm now looking at my sons yz125 thinking that think will kill me. I need a husky 500 for safety reasons. Thats the argument to the wife. But i do wonder what would happen in a Husky 300 2t??

Had a big bore 2 smoke, DNF season mechanical woes, physically rooted. always broke.
    2nd season Had a big bore 4 stroke, clipped every tree, rock, log, dropped from 5th to 7th broken collarbone ribs, 3k to fix. always broke.
    3rd season Got a 250 4T, special test times dropped by 20 secs instantly in top 3, outright clubman win, not one fall in an entire season, not even a greasy log could upset it,
    4th season straight to eggspurts 3rd 250-4T/200-2T. + 3rd outright Ironman vs Dave Wright (and I think Peter Hozel in 2nd)

There is a strong msg there.
    [MENTION=5421]Phildo[/MENTION] saw it.
    Last edited by Aufitt; 22-10-2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aufitt View Post
      Had a big bore 2 smoke, DNF season mechanical woes, physically rooted. always broke.
      2nd season Had a big bore 4 stroke, clipped every tree, rock, log, dropped from 5th to 7th broken collarbone ribs, 3k to fix. always broke.
      3rd season Got a 250 4T, special test times dropped by 20 secs instantly in top 3, outright clubman win, not one fall in an entire season, not even a greasy log could upset it,
      4th season straight to eggspurts 3rd 250-4T/200-2T. + 3rd outright Ironman vs Dave Wright (and I think Peter Hozel in 2nd)

There is a strong msg there.
      Phildo saw it.
      Every single one of my major crashes has been on a 250 2T
      Here lies the body of Harold Day
      He knew it was his right of way.
      He was right, dead right, as he rode along
      But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong.

Comment

I think your looking for excuses to buy a new bike They all fall hard the faster you go the harder you fall

MM

Comment

the size of the bike has nothing to do with if or how you crash with off road its all about how well you mesh with the bike that day & how your sense of rocks, roots and ruts is going.

most times i can hop on the bike after months off but i will still feel at one with the bush & machine, however every so often shit just feels wrong and you either potter around at a shitty pace or you go down trying to be fast

Comment

I reckon my corner speed, angle etc is far greater on 250 that my 450. less engine inertia means i can dominate the bike more as I'm a lightweight. 250 has more aggressive engine too. just reckon i ride harder on 250 in twisties but hardly fall off but when i do, speed is greater and bike is moving around more so more likely to get tangled in bike when it trips.

Comment

300 2t is the way to go, don't let these ppl talk u out of it!
              Loud Pipes Save Lives

Comment

A 300 2t isn't big enough to be safe.
                700 Maico is the answer.

Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Working...
                X