No announcement yet.

Xr650r

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm the only thing dc on that bike are the indicators and maybe the stop light.

There is a regulator under the seat. Then a rectifryer mounted behind the headlight with a medium sized capacitor attached to it.

The bike in general is really short on power. When the indictators flash the front and rear alternate.

This is all assuming it hasn't been butchered.

In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Yeah I’ve had a look online and it looks like it has been butchered. I reckon I’ll just drop it into Dale Britton and get it brought back to standard. I’m going to have to do that anyway to get it registered. Unles you can recommend another workshop. Never owned a Honda before so I don’t know who to take it to

Comment

Took it out for a serious spin today. Fuck me it’s a weapon. I can see why guys love these things. Only thumper I’ve ever had before was an XT600 and this thing has a shitload more power. Power wheelies in 2nd are a piece of piss but I’m still not very good at it. Are there any dirt bike clubs around that I could get involved in?

Comment

You should swear a lot more in your posts. I feel you are underselling yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by pnork View Post
            You should swear a lot more in your posts. I feel you are underselling yourself.
            Fuck off

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Mellie

Comment

Been there done that.. Good bike.. FUN BIKE.. Decomp lever in, go past lump .. Kick the bitch.. 1st time everytime.. Loved it.. Even took it to the track .. Rainy day.. was passing everybody, sideways.. Great fun.. Has it got the power upgrade kit?? From mem it was a carby jet and muffer insert that made it BARK.. Those were the days..

- - - Updated - - -

HOW MUCH you selling it for??

Comment

Originally posted by igor View Post
                Been there done that.. Good bike.. FUN BIKE.. Decomp lever in, go past lump .. Kick the bitch.. 1st time everytime.. Loved it.. Even took it to the track .. Rainy day.. was passing everybody, sideways.. Great fun.. Has it got the power upgrade kit?? From mem it was a carby jet and muffer insert that made it BARK.. Those were the days..

- - - Updated - - -

HOW MUCH you selling it for??
                Actually I’m not now. I’m going to keep it and sell the L instead. I just want my money back on that one. So it’ll be $2500 plus rego costs.
                Don’t know if the R has had a power upgrade. Can you recommend a good workshop to get it serviced. Never owned a Honda before. Pretty sure the rear lights and indicators aren’t standard so I need to get them replaced for rego as well

Comment

Bought mine years ago.. Sort of when they 1st came out.. RICKGILL HONDA in Osbourne Park was the shop I bought mine from.. Give them a buzz..
                  YOU WOULD KNOW if its had the power upgrade.. IT WILL BE LOUD.. and BARK .. Exhaust insert will give it away straight up.. BIG ROUND HOLE 60mm maybe sticking out of muffler.. https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/P70AA...qCb/s-l300.jpg Kinda like one in link..

Comment

Working...
                  X