250 test tomorrow.. Storm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 test tomorrow.. Storm???

Having my test tomorrow for my 250's.. Just worried about the bloody storm. Anyone took their test in heavy rain before? Just dunno what to expect... hope i pass... :mellow:

Good luck. think of it this way - if you can't pass the test in a storm, are you really ready to hit the road on your own in any conditions any time? Just be careful with the e-stop. But not too careful. If you're too careful, you won't stop quick enough and you'll fail. If you're not careful enough, you'll lock the front and it will slip out from under you. Not only will you fail but you'll smash the bike and possible break your collarbone and arm too.

Don't overthink it though, just go for a ride and pretend there's not someone watching for the slightesssst mistake.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Taking a test in the rain shouldn't be any different 'physically' than riding in the rain or taking a lesson. You just need to be more cautious and careful! They give you extra space to do your braking in and stuff so don't worry about that mate.

Just remember to relax, ride a bit slower and a little more carefully, check your blind spots and maybe stay a little further away from cars in-front of you just to be safe as well. Give yourself more room to brake, eg. brake a little earlier and lighter than usual if its raining.

Take extra precautions in traffic and you should be fine man

Comment

thanks guys. will have a lesson with mark from elite before the exam so i'll have a few go on the e-brake to have a feel of the wet road b4 hand. just never ridden in the rain before so i'm looking forward to it. The possability of failing just bums me out. LOL

Comment

Did my R test with a massive storm warning down here a few weeks ago. Roads were wet and it was very windy, but the examiner was pretty clued in to it. Remember he is riding in it as well, so he knows how much harder it is.

Just do everything the way you know how to do it. If thats the right way, you will pass, and if its not, book another one and try again. Storm shouldnt really make it harder, just makes you more nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
            Good luck. think of it this way - if you can't pass the test in a storm, are you really ready to hit the road on your own in any conditions any time? Just be careful with the e-stop. But not too careful. If you're too careful, you won't stop quick enough and you'll fail. If you're not careful enough, you'll lock the front and it will slip out from under you. Not only will you fail but you'll smash the bike and possible break your collarbone and arm too.

Don't overthink it though, just go for a ride and pretend there's not someone watching for the slightesssst mistake.
            Oh jeebus you're naughty

Others have given you some good advice - do this and just focus on riding, the weather will do what it will do. If the weather is really, really bad, they'll rebook the test. I think you'll surprise yourself...good luck

Comment

Haha

@mcdegoh, I'm only stirring. Pay attention to your instructor in the lesson beforehand and you'll be fine - remember, the assessor will be just as keen as you to get it over and done with and get out of the rain again
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

sure cap! no worries. Just wanna know what to expect as you guys have been through it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesal View Post
                  Oh jeebus you're naughty

Others have given you some good advice - do this and just focus on riding, the weather will do what it will do. If the weather is really, really bad, they'll rebook the test. I think you'll surprise yourself...good luck
                  yea i agree he's cheeky and diesel is right!
                  you have learnt the rules eh? go and treat it as a game.........bet you win!

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Make sure you wear some wet weather gear tomorrow... Good luck on ya test.

Comment

Good luck tomorrow - hope the weather treats you well!

Comment

Good luck , Also, when doing your e-stop if the roads are wet, definitely try not to ride in the oil slick, you may find your rear will lock up quickly. Even though your eyes will be on the examiner looking for the braking signal,
                        try to keep a straight line and not cross over the oil slick.
                        :stupid:

Comment

Wear your wets, and be my cautious of what you are doing, leave a little more room, check blind spots a little more often, be more aware of who/what is behind you, and watch out for utes drifting 'round corners.
                          Think of the assessor as more of an instructor you're trying to impress good luck

Comment

be smooth.

Comment

I passed mine in torential rain and high winds. Everything was just the same except the e stop, where you just make sure you are smooth with the front brake. I still stopped well within the usual distance, and then the examiner told me that they alllow an additional 2 metres because it's wet.
                              It's really just the same as when its dry, just allow a little more room between you and other cars and make sure that you watch all your head checks, Perth drivers are pretty crap in wet weather.

Comment

Working...
                              X