Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Riding Day (ARD)

Hey guys,

I am wondering if you have to complete an ARD to ride at Barbagallo, or on any other track?
    And is there any restrictions on riding on the track if you only have L's?

thanks.

ARD is required for the RAC track near the airport (used to be called AHG).

With Barbs, you can rock up and do level 1 with most providers (MCRC racecraft, trakdayz, champions), no licence or experience required.

My advice... get out there, learn, have fun. Just take it easy
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

You can't do the ARD on your L's, you can do Barbagello on your L's, they aren't connected

Comment

Hopefully I'll have my licence soon and am looking at doing a ARD. Any idea how much they cost? And are they worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by chickrider View Post
          Hopefully I'll have my licence soon and am looking at doing a ARD. Any idea how much they cost? And are they worth it?
          about $250 and its some of the best money you'll ever spend imo
          Originally posted by polonY
          Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore View Post
            Cheers jmoore, hopefully I pass tomorrow and then I shall ring and book myself in.

Comment

I'd be keen too... Pick a date and put it in the loop, maybe we can get a group booking happening!

Comment

Sounds good, I'll see how I go tomorrow first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellow Fridge View Post
                  ARD is required for the RAC track near the airport (used to be called AHG).

With Barbs, you can rock up and do level 1 with most providers (MCRC racecraft, trakdayz, champions), no licence or experience required.

My advice... get out there, learn, have fun. Just take it easy
                  Thanks will do!

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore View Post
                    When do people recommend you do an ARD? I've only had my REs for a month, should I wait a little while, maybe until I get my Rs and a big bike?

Comment

Originally posted by Weetbix View Post
                      When do people recommend you do an ARD? I've only had my REs for a month, should I wait a little while, maybe until I get my Rs and a big bike?
                      in many aspects its a 'real world' extension to alot of the things you learnt when you got your liscence ... faster estops, cornered estops, low speed control etc. The classroom section may not be relevant to everyone but it will would probably be good for a refesher for older riders.

Plus, you get to ride around the track whilst waiting for the next activity ....
                      Originally posted by polonY
                      Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

heard about these, pretty keen to give one a go as I'm sure there are a few things i could learn from it. if you do go to one, chuck it up in 'in the loop' i will be keen
                        "pain is temporary glory is forever" - unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Weetbix View Post
                          Went as soon as I got my license was the best money I've spent bike wise. No matter how much power/mods you have it wont make up for skillz. I will be heading back in a few months to hold my lil brothers hand, then its time to drag him out to trackdayz
                          "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

Would the ARD be an extension of the Roadcraft courses that Elite run or about the same level?

Comment

For those that are interested.

RAC Advanced Rider Training = $235
                              RAC Tunning Session = $80

They are both half day courses with the Advanced course in the morning and the tunning session in the afternoon. They appear to be only once a month and next 4 months of courses are on

26 April Tuesday
                              22 May Sunday
                              26 June Sunday
                              31 July Sunday
                              Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X