Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZXR250C Swingarm Bearings

Hi Guys,

Just got my frame/swingarm etc powdercoated but the bearings for the swingarm obviously had to be removed.

Anyway I need some replacements now. I've researched the part numbers off the Kawasaki Japan site; they are as follows:

Needle Bearing TA223020Z 92046-1140

and maybe the oil seal may need to be replaced

シ-ル(オイル),MHA22304 92049-1219

I'm gonna give a few places a call but I was first wondering if anyone knew of any compatible part numbers (e.g. the swing arm bearings for a GPX or ZZR or something).

Thanks

Sherman
    Sherman

"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

bump

did I put this in the wrong forum?
    Sherman

"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

Comment

Can't just service and repack the old ones?
      Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

the kr1 i think it is "2 stroke 250" has the same swing arm as the zxr250 if i remember right. it also looks to have the same triple tree and rims.

Comment

Get either the measurements of the old ones, or code of the old ones, and take them to CBC bearings on kewdale rd, near the corner of leach hwy.
          If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Hey thank you for all the replies

Can't repack them because (despite my request) they threw them out and apparently they had trouble getting them out so they um 'destroyed' them getting them out by the sounds of it

I'll look into that Frogger, will give the shops a call see if they can spare a little information

Semi - I can't get the measurements but are the codes the numbers I have posted above? CBC will be able to do the needle rollers for them and won't raise an eyebrow that I only need two small bearings?
            Sherman

Comment

Probably better destroyed than charged for an extra 2 hours labor to save them.

Good practice is to get them out first.
              Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Yes. Live and learn I suppose. I had it in my mind to take them out myself but I also thought they could like pack and cover them or something
                Sherman

Comment

Originally posted by kessen View Post
                  Yes. Live and learn I suppose. I had it in my mind to take them out myself but I also thought they could like pack and cover them or something
                  The heat from powdercoating destroys bearings and most likely get ruined when you take them out. Might have to sand where the bearings sit if theres powdercoat residue. Its easier installing if you freeze the bearing for a few hours/grease it up, grab a socket same size OD as bearing to wack it in.

Motorcycle Plus or kwaka dealer might be able to help measurements/code of the old ones
                  Last edited by Halo_2; 25-03-2011, 03:26 PM.
                  "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Thanks for the tip
                    Sherman

Comment

Update - Gave CBC a call. Fellow by name of Dave was of great help and quoted some good prices but then also advised me to just give Kawasaki a call so I did

$60 later have 2 bearings and 2 seals which should be here Tues/Wed.

=)
                      Sherman

Comment

Working...
                      X