Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I locked up my front brake during my test day..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I locked up my front brake during my test day..

Hey all. On Sunday i locked up my front brake practising an e-brake and faired badly..
    I had my assessment this morning.. and locked up my front brake again. Gladly i didn't stack it this time.. and good thing it was only during the short session with the instructor BEFORE the test..

Other than that, i passed the test.

Big thanks to Elite Motorcycle Training, i had an hour and a half lesson last week with Tai and then an hour and a half lesson with Anthony before the test. Both these guys are top blokes and i would recommend them to anyone looking for an instructor!! They organised a lesson before my assessment on really short notice so thumbs on flexibility, expertise and patience.

Also cheers zx10seb for shadowing me around the place, as well as the guys on Sunday who gave their free time to shadow and help us out with slow manoeuvring.

I had Steve at Joondalup, and apparently i was pretty close to failing when i followed up on a car at the traffic lights beyond the white line.. Had he stopped i would have failed right there. I missed one of the turns to go back to the licensing centre but he was cool about that.. Good luck for anyone else out the still on the learners! (Skut )
    Last edited by shure; 29-03-2011, 09:44 PM.
    Originally posted by The Mase
    Ditto. Instead mountain biking w/ a mate. He stopped suddenly, as did i but flipped over the handle bars. But landed nuts first on mates back wheel.... i know, I know, 2 penis's on one bike rule was broken

Good job!

Elite are a great school, went with them and never had any problems.

With the E-stops, did Tai or Anthony ever tell you to slowly apply the front then squeeze? By the sounds of things you're mashing onto it to suddenly. Evan (who is also with Elite) told me to at first to apply the pressure a little bit, then once you've started with the pressure to apply it hard. Its only the sudden squeeze that locks the wheel

Anyway, good luck with the rearset and enjoy riding!
    Originally posted by slipin
    IF ITS TO LOWED ! YOUR TOO OLD

Comment

+1 for Anthony and Tai, good blokes doing a good job

Comment

Congrats on the pass mate - I also recommend Elite - they got me through too! (I had Ross though)

Enjoy riding on your lonesome now!

Comment

well done.....see you on the road...most probably same time and rides as me.....ha ha. see you soon lloydy

Comment

Glad you passed mate, was a bit worried you might freak out doing it during your test.
            Well done on getting through it.

Comment

Well done mate. Congrats!

Comment

Good to hear Lloyd...and after only two lessons? I also wasn't sure if that stack had rattled your confidence and I'm glad it all came together for you. Sunday in Malaga again then?
                “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

Elite are great, I had Evan. 2 hour lesson before my test was all my on road experience and I passed first go. Been riding off road for nearly as long as I can walk though. Still don't have a road bike yet about six months on.
                  Viva la 2 Stroke!!!

Comment

Awesome work. I had steve for my tests too. Nice guy and would have a chat beforehand to calm your nerves to give you a fair go.

Once you get the bike sorted, we will have to go for a ride and you can show us some stunts that dont involve you sliding down the road

Comment

Originally posted by deeman111 View Post
                      Once you get the bike sorted, we will have to go for a ride and you can show us some stunts that dont involve you sliding down the road
                      +1

Congrats mate, as Ray (Mr Bean) said was a bit worried that Sunday's events would have a negative impact on today. Glad to see the positive outcome tho Ride safe and stay upright!

Comment

Don't you love the 'pucker factor' when you realize that you have grabbed to much front brake and feel it start to slide;-)!!! Remember brush and bury. Brush off the first pressure then bury the rest steadily. A brush and bury a day keeps the pucker factor away. ;-) congrats on the pass.
                        Let him who desires peace prepare for war......

Comment

Originally posted by bootneck View Post
                          Don't you love the 'pucker factor' when you realize that you have grabbed to much front brake and feel it start to slide;-)!!! Remember brush and bury. Brush off the first pressure then bury the rest steadily. A brush and bury a day keeps the pucker factor away. ;-) congrats on the pass.
                          Haha yeh.. this is what Anthony told me and it took me a second to register. i think i kept on locking it up initially because i was just eager to stop in the least distance possible. But yeh really glad i didn't make a second stack.

Paid for a rearset from a wrecker in Sydney today.. w/ express post = $100

Come onnnn..
                          Originally posted by The Mase
                          Ditto. Instead mountain biking w/ a mate. He stopped suddenly, as did i but flipped over the handle bars. But landed nuts first on mates back wheel.... i know, I know, 2 penis's on one bike rule was broken

Comment

Working...
                          X