Help identifying a bike..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying a bike..

I hope all you 2 fiddy riders might be able to assist a blind old prick in id'ing a bike I spotted on Friday afternoon in Mandurah.

It was traveling along Anstruther road approx 5pm when I spotted what appeared to be a black and silver GSX-R.[?].
    It appeared to have the flouro X on the fairing , but I can't be sure. I have looked around the manuf. sites and can find nothing similar.

The reason I noticed it was that the rear tyre seemed too narrow for a 600 or litrey, and assumed it must have been a RE bike.

The wife is due for an upgrade from the little Honda 125, and this was a nice looking bike that I might be interested in showing her if I can find out what the bike actually is.

It could of very well been a black/silver Yamaha 150, but the silver on the side fairing seemed too big and was unbroken [no stripes], and had that flouro 'X' or 'R' [or something] .

I was on the way to pick up my new eyes from the Optometrist, so couldn't really see so well , and the bike went past before I had time fully to eyeball it , so I may be way off the mark and my knowledge of RE bikes is pathetic
    It did have a single style headlight like the 'Zuke or an MV.

Thanks for any help if someone has a clue [or telling me that I am on the piss!] Cheerz
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Did it look like this?

Comment

Not really mate, where the bottom part of the Fairing is silver , was black , and the middle was silver. The sticker was either red or orange. The headlight seemd to be the teardrop style single pod style.

Note however that I caught a quick look with shite eyes , so the old brain may be making stuff up as the days have progressed...
      Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Tear drop headlight on a 250... hmmmm. Makes it sound like a more recent model. Dunno!

Comment

Lol- Spotted! Pretty sure that was me, I went down that road bout that time yesterday. I was on my Hyosung 250. Heres a pic

Its actually for sale so if youre interested send me a PM, or even if you have any questions about them.
          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...silver-125699/

Edit: Headlights- slight tear drop
          Chaos-incarnate
          Last edited by Chaos-incarnate; 02-04-2011, 10:35 PM.
          Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

There are two questions in life.
            1:Which way do I go
            2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

in all honesty the 2010 and newer paint schemes from hyosung have definitely made them look better.
              "It's the F*#king Catalina wine mixer"

Comment

Well done Chaos- you are the winner! That is one nice looking bike as it went past. Will show the 'boss' , but the only issue is that we bugger off in 4 weeks for a few months , so buying now is a monetary prob atm.

If anyone else is interested , this bike looked bloody good on the street!

PS -how bad are my fuggin eyes not to spot the Hyo sticker on the tank

problem solvered

Comment

Originally posted by ReCon View Post
                  Well done Chaos- you are the winner! That is one nice looking bike as it went past. Will show the 'boss' , but the only issue is that we bugger off in 4 weeks for a few months , so buying now is a monetary prob atm.

If anyone else is interested , this bike looked bloody good on the street!

PS -how bad are my fuggin eyes not to spot the Hyo sticker on the tank

problem solvered
                  Thank you, I like the look of it. I see you've got an 848, now THATS nice!
                  No worries, hopefully its a holiday you're off to, have a good one!

Ps. You probably cant see the Hyosung sticker on the tank while Im riding- I think my arm would be blocking it
                  Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

Oh boy that makes so much sense now! Damn I thought I'd figure it out! hahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                    X