Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying "L" plates

Hey all,

So what's the go with displaying L plates whilst say being shadowed. I know u have too, but curious to know if people wear a vest with the L over their jacket or do you out the plate on your bike?

Cheers

either on the bike or on a vest, even home made plates are acceptable/legal as long as they are the correct size and colour and clearly visible front and rear.
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Yeah cool. What's going to be easiest to do? Looking at the bike there's Fark all spots for the plate to sit. So unless I attach two "L" to my jacket I'll be stuffed

Comment

couple of L plates from one of your local auto stores doesn't matter if they're hard or soft plastic and a cheap hi-vis vest from bunnings or safety clothing store and some safety pins or similar to attach them to the vest, shouldn't be too hard.
        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Cheers man

Comment

If you have a yellow hi-vis vest, just use a wide black sticky tape and tape "L" front and back of the vest.

EDIT: Just make sure they are of proper size.
            The faster you go, the slower you age.

Comment

The plastic ones with holes each corner an cable ties ftw

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
              Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

i think you only need a rear plate, and not a front.

Comment

When I had mine I stuck the front one behind the screen and one under rear plate. If you're putting one under the rear plate bear in mind that the heat from the tyre might melt the bottom of it.
                  "There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all"

Comment

Originally posted by Stavtech View Post
                    i think you only need a rear plate, and not a front.
                    You are supposed to display front and rear. Many people only display rears however.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcore View Post
                      The plastic ones with holes each corner an cable ties ftw

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
                      +1

Only on the back mind, with a naked bike there's absoulte bugger all places to put one on the front

Comment

If you don't have a place on the front of your bike - tape/pin it to the front of your jacket.
                        Most people only bother with putting rear plates on, but technically you have to display L plates on both front and back.
                        I came here to drink milk and kick arse... And I'm all out of milk

Comment

Working...
                        X