Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 ZXR250c front forks

Hey,

Does anyone know if you can get after-market inner forks for the zx2r? The chrome plating on mine have pitted away and corroded in the usual spot down the bottom on the inside. Found out after taking it all to pieces. I was so excited to reseal them too.

I know the A models are different. Anyone have any suggestions? I'll upload some photos tomorrow but I thought it would be okay since the pitting was only localised around the end (where the calipers bolt on to etc) in a small area.

I've gone looking on kawasaki Japan site which quoted 25000yen which is about 280AUD EACH but their brand new. I have heard of a place/person that were doing aftermarket ones for the bike but I can't find them either. I was also thinking of getting some quotes on chrome resurfacing though I've heard it might cost up to $600 for the both of them.

Would the kind help on PSB please offer some insight?

Cheers

Sherman
    Sherman

"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

Pictures: The actual pitting area is over 3cm and mostly on the inner side, with some small bits extending to about 3.5cm.

Sherman

"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
    X