zzr250 vs fzr250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zzr250 vs fzr250

hi guys im in the market for a 250 in the next month or 2 and i have narrowed it down to either a zzr or fzr. the reason for these two is the price as they are a fair bit cheaper then other 250s and my budget is quite tight. i like the look of the fzr but the ones that i have looked at have quite a few km in comparison to same priced zzr.
    basically i want to know what you guys think whats going to be the best for riding around, acceleration, speed, handling and best all round bike.
    cherz jason

The FZR is a 4 cyl, the ZZR a 2 cyl. FZR is more a sports bike focus, while the ZZR is more a commuting focus.

The focus of the two bikes states it all........
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Get the zzr
      Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
      Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
      In the backroads as it is on the freeway
      Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
      And forgive us our lanesplitting
      As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
      And lead us not into gravel corners
      But deliver us from hand-held radars
      For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
      Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

Cue standard PSB "what bike" question reply - Go out and ride them both and see which one feels right for you!
        Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
        Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

Don't get the FZR, they break very frequently.

Comment

The ZZr would be a better choice. When you bin it/if it breaks they are a lot easier to fix because there are so many parts out there for them.
            Originally posted by Desmo
            Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
              I hear they're quite useful for preventing boats from floating away.
              If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

I have a Blue/Silver ZZR250 for sale

Comment

+1

A bike that frequents the workshop i not a fun bike to own...
                  Get the zzr, they can take a heap of abuse

Comment

The ZZR will work the FZR wont and if it is working it will only be long enough for it to plot your demise.
                    "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

I'm happy with my fzr dude, it attracts attention and is fun to ride, great to get your knee on the ground and go hard, looks different to other 250s, parts are not as hard too find as you may think, joys of the Internet found me a lot and you only need to keep it 12 months don't ya. There is one in the for sale section go check it out it's a gd bike.
                      33yrs, brown hair, green eyes, 175cm tall..... hold on this ain't no dating site...Perths Sexy Babes:o

Comment

I was going to make a point here about having my FZR for 2 years and having mega fun with no failure, and then I remembered I bought my FZR cheap because the engine had blown (at70,000klms) but put an engine in that had done only 35,000klms. Following all threads about FZR250s like mine, I have seen 2 bad (as bad as it gets) scenarios, but have seen just as many as bad CBR250RR scenarios.

Old screamer 250s are fun, but may take more maintenance time.
                        Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

FZRs are older, and 250 riders are generally not the most mechanically minded. So, the older the bike, the longer the possible time it has been neglected.

Parts will be endlessly easier to get for the ZZR.

The FZR will be fine if the bike is good and maintained.

Basically, FZR is a LOT more fun than ZZR, but ZZR is safer (ie financial risk, easier to re-sell, etc).
                          One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

FZR's are alot of fun indeed =] Still thinking about it but I may put my FZR up for sale soon.

Comment

Friends don't let friends buy FZR's.

Comment

Working...
                              X