Bars for my VTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bars for my VTR

Anyone got some suggestions on brands/types and places to buy for some handlebars for my VTR. I have been informed that I would need to hacksaw the bar ends off my stock bars to fit my bar end mirrors so thinking maybe a set of flat bars and keep the stockers intact if I decide to revert to stock at some time. Have done a fair old search with not much luck :/
    living the dream

Mine was already fitted with lower and almost straight handlebars when I bought the bike but yeah, havent seen anything like this for sale. If you want to take a look at the bike and decide if thats something you want, then look me up on Thursday's ride.

Comment

Yeh thanks Kenk, sadly won't be out on Thursday so no chance for a look. Seems they are a rare bird, looked at ebay, google etc with limited luck Cheers anyway.
      living the dream

Comment

Hey mate, you dont need to hacksaw your bar ends off, you need to drill the weld....

I did mine today, took about 15 minutes. Just roll the left grip up and you can see where they plug weld the bar end in. You can't see the weld as it has been hit with a grinder, i just took an educated guess and went at it with a pilot drill and then a 10mm drill bit. For the throttle side you will need to remove 2 screws that hold the cables at the carbs, it will give you more room to unclip the cables at the grip... piece of piss.

I wrecked my bar ends trying to pry em out with a pair of vice grips before i realised they were welded in (doh), but you would be able to re-use them if you just drill yours, they will basically fall out once you are through the weld. Its 15mm from the fat part to the centre of the drill mark if it helps.

Also sorted the arse out the other day, its a generic fender eliminator and lights from ebay and some 2mm ally...

Cheers
        Ads

Comment

Thanks Ads, looks like have sourced a set of bars anyway, nice and flat, bike is about to get some nice visual upgrades so I will post some pics up when its all done, watch this space.......

and like the fender elliminator too, this is also on my agenda ^_^
          living the dream

Comment

Working...
          X