This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AliastheJester View Post
    The transport website is down at the moment, but a quick look at the list on another website makes it look like the 2010-current gt650r is LAMS, but the 2005-09 doesn't seem to be. The L, RL and SL are listed though. If it is listed, then as long as it is stock you should be fine, I don't think they were restricted anyway. If it is obviously modified you could run into trouble, though it is early days so this is all educated guesses. As long as you aren't looking for ways around the power limitations or restrictions you should be fine.

Thanks for the reply looks like im screwd lol

Comment

• Originally posted by SCOTTY202 View Post
      Thanks for the reply looks like im screwd lol
      Not necessarily, the system is new and there is still a bit of confusion about which models are LAMS. If you are worried check with a dealer exactly what model yours is and compare it to the LAMS list.

Comment

• yer on the LAMS list it says gt650r but it don't say what year the models are LAMS guess ill just ride it and hope for the best mabey keep a copy of the list on me when riding it thanks for the help

Comment

yer on the LAMS list it says gt650r but it don't say what year the models are LAMS guess ill just ride it and hope for the best mabey keep a copy of the list on me when riding it thanks for the help
          They only list the year if one year range is approved but another isn't, the Hyosung 650 has never needed a restrictor to meet LAMS requirements so all models are listed and all years by default.
          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

• Originally posted by filbert View Post
            They only list the year if one year range is approved but another isn't, the Hyosung 650 has never needed a restrictor to meet LAMS requirements so all models are listed and all years by default.
            Thanks. I guess it's a bit different than the other states lam laws

Comment

• Not to fuel a debate again but it looks like someone has officially got a report on the process for legally de-restricting their LAMs bike

Note: This was done in QLD so not really applicable for WA but still relevant.

instructions for how to derestrict yamaha XJ6N-L FZ6R - Yamaha FZ6R Forums - International FZ6R / XJ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Short version of link

Cost $299 incl. $150 in part(s) for his XJ6N.

All that he did was have the modification registered with the local road authority, via modification permit.

Now please, let's skip the why would you.... resale value... etc.

It's just for clarifying what someone did to make his legal. your results may vary.

Comment

hey I just got my RE licence and brought a Hyosung 2007 gt650r I know there on the lams list but do they have to be restricted or anything to come under LAMS sorry if similar questions been asked just really confused with how this new system works

thanks scott
                650r is fine it's the 650 naked aka comet that they do in the lams and also unrestricted as is the 650s
                K1 Bandit 1200S,

Comment

Working...
                X