let your shit be my shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let your shit be my shit

hello everyone one, i am new here and i just recently got my license (big noob) so i dont know how things are done here but i am looking to buy a cheap 250 like extremely cheap running and registered about 1000 or so. so please let me have your shitty bike i promise to love it like i bought it for 10000.

those that are going to advise me that i should save and get a proper bike thank you but i cant really afford anything more than that as i would have to sell my car and stuff. but in a perfect world we would all be able to save and buy the bikes of our dreams

A lot of people would advise saving up a bit, as a $1000 bike will probably have a few issues that will cost money to fix. If you can't afford more than $1000 for your bike, will you be able to afford any repairs that might need to be done to it?

Otherwise, good luck in your endeavours.

As well as that, can you afford at least 3rd party insurance on your bike? Sure, you might not see much need to insure your cheap bike for any damages, but what if you rear end a Porsche or something?

Comment

As well as that, can you afford at least 3rd party insurance on your bike? Sure, you might not see much need to insure your cheap bike for any damages, but what if you rear end a Porsche or something?[/QUOTE]

i know the importance of insurance i was just thinking i can get third party and theft for it. its quite an expensive lifestyle aint it, i cant afford it but i love it. and i have just part with a lot to get my license and some gear

Comment

You know what, I have been in the same boat right up until today. I have seen my budget go from $4k, down to $2500 down to looking at $1000scooters all weekend. But you know what, fuck that. I am just going to wait, after seeing the handlebars bash my knees at the slightest turns and realising I weigh more than the fucking scooter I am just going to wait till I can get my budget back to the 3-4K mark for a more reliable bike, plus the insurance and rego.

Good things come to those who wait
        Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

http://www.bikesales.com.au/dealer/d...d=14103BFC5A1D
          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

50cc less and a no namer but still...under 1,500km for a grand:

Sachs Express | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Kalamunda Area - High Wycombe | 1025923931

Or if you want a japper 250 and a bit of a repair mystery tour:

Kawasaki Gpx 250 | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Armadale Area - Armadale | 1026188216

Gpx250 red very clean | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Swan Area - Ballajura | 1027048141

Or do you prefer a complete lottery?

250 cc really quick | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Kwinana Area - Calista | 1026375314

But hey, she's "really quick"
            Last edited by truewheel; 09-09-2013, 06:34 PM.
            It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

i found an 06 honda cbf and it has 21000 ks on the clock and the guy said it just needs a new battery and a good run but i dnt know about that many ks. it goes without saying that i really want it but i dont want a problem or to be stuck on the side of the road

Comment

Originally posted by Geeman View Post
                Good things come to those who get up and work their ass off
                - XolituDe (Rick)

Comment

Originally posted by the black one View Post
                  i found an 06 honda cbf and it has 21000 ks on the clock and the guy said it just needs a new battery and a good run but i dnt know about that many ks. it goes without saying that i really want it but i dont want a problem or to be stuck on the side of the road
                  21000kms? that's almost negative kms.

Comment

but those who wait are not riding (like myself) though its good advice i guess

Comment

Originally posted by XolituDe View Post
                      Yep too true, and there are those who are working there asses off, but still have to wait
                      Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

MANHEIMS!
                        If you have some mechanical moxy, buy a repairable write-off say, CBR or GPX 250, they usually go for 3-400ish. Do a bit of a fixer-upper with second hand fairings and the like, I reckon you could get her bought and re licenced for a grand or just slightly over.
                        Originally posted by Michael Westen
                        When fighting in the wilderness riding a bike, the biggest threats are often the ones you don't see: dehydration, exhaustion, and nerves.

Comment

Get a postie!
                          Run forever....

Comment

Originally posted by Deano View Post
                            MANHEIMS!
                            If you have some mechanical moxy, buy a repairable write-off say, CBR or GPX 250, they usually go for 3-400ish. Do a bit of a fixer-upper with second hand fairings and the like, I reckon you could get her bought and re licenced for a grand or just slightly over.
                            CBR's are cheap to repair. especially if you get a decent repairable write off. ie: mostly superficial damage, no major parts bent like forks and check for cracked frames. I had my 250 writen off when I got hit at slow speed. All fairings had a mark of somesort and the pipe was scratched. Got a few grand in insurance and bought my bike back for $600.

You can get fairing kits from china for about $250. They are thinner than the original but they look the part. You can get a top and seat fairing (still use the same side fairings) from TYGA (looks like the R1 shape) for about a grand if you want something real pretty. You can get all the parts you need online really cheaply and I'm sure someone could give you a hand with the mechanics. I could help but you'd have to supply tools.

They are the easiest bike to work on and are great learner bikes to boot. Reliable and predictable.

Comment

Working...
                            X