The I'm so happy post....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The I'm so happy post....

Yay! I just did my test at City West and passed! I was really anxious during the ride and hearing the assessor breathing/sighing into the mic didn't help. Turns out I'm all good! got done 1 pt. for head checks at intersections. It was a lady assessor and she was really nice.

All in all, big thanks to the top bloke Anthony from Elite for the coaching and also of course all the great posts and help you PSB folk had to offer.

Also just acquired a VTR250, so I'm certainly looking to get out and about to fine tune my head checks and skills.

Can anyone suggest some replacement sprockets for my ride? 14T on the front and 41T on the rear. From what I've read it seems like JT sprockets are pretty average so I was hoping someone had a link or could point me in the right direction. Brands? Sites?

Thanks guys!

Ant got me through first time as well, bloody good bloke, congrats, stay safe

Comment

To control the enormous HP and torque of the 250 VTR , I would personally approach HRC and get them to press up a set of Titaniums for you. The strength and lack of weight will be a god send at 340 k's.
      Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

great job
        enjoy summer

Comment

Originally posted by UZ11 View Post
          so I'm certainly looking to get out and about to fine tune my head checks and skills.
          head check is the single most important thing you can do riding a motorcycle. just keep nodding your head at every intersection and hazard you spot and your sub conscious will take care of it sooner or later. flicking your eyes instead of physically turning your head doesnt do nearly as good a job at drilling your sub conscious imho.

there is also an art to making sure your forward situation is going to be problem free for long enough to permit the time it takes to perform the head check and in getting your head checks as efficient as possible, seeing the information you need to in the shortest possible time.

and you can also widen your peripheral vision to see both sides and in front all at the same time, when you are surrounded by hazards.
          Originally posted by Bendito
          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
            head check is the single most important thing you can do riding a motorcycle. just keep nodding your head at every intersection and hazard you spot and your sub conscious will take care of it sooner or later. flicking your eyes instead of physically turning your head doesnt do nearly as good a job at drilling your sub conscious imho.
            I got in trouble in my r class test for head checking too much.
            '====
            //`
            -Magilla
            They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
            Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Working...
            X