Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-E license learner in Nollamara

Hi,

I'm a 29yr old female learner (already drive) - bought a Honda CB125e and all the gear and have had one lesson so far. Got into bikes as I used to cycle to work, but sustained a back injury earlier in the year so can no longer cycle and thought a motorbike would be a good alternative!

My instructor is great, but is very busy and doesn't do weekends. Also, my job involves some field work so I'm not always around during the week. I'm really keen to get my license, but having to wait two weeks til my next lesson, I feel like it's going to take ages!

Ideally, I'd like to practise outside of the lessons, but obviously can't on my own. So my question is are there any riders in Nollamara who would be prepared to shadow, or does anyone know of anywhere off-road that I can practise? I considered just pottering along my road, but don't want to risk it!

Thanks!

Welcome to PSB

I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that will volunteer to help you out with shadowing.

Could push your bike to a decent sized carpark somewhere and practice there, like [MENTION=41274]thatchick[/MENTION] does.

Comment

Hi
      Can't help you with shadowing but welcome
      Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn.

Comment

hiya [MENTION=49641]buckydee[/MENTION]

im riding too toodyay tommorow on a ride [MENTION=24680]=Maz=[/MENTION] has organized.

are you competent and comfortable with a blat out to a rural town an hour from perth?

im leaving from dianella in the morning around 8-30am

post here or pm me if that suits

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

I'm in Balcatta, if you're just after short rides around the suburbs or car parks PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Huggy View Post
            Could push your bike to a decent sized carpark somewhere and practice there, like thatchick does.
            This. I'm finding when practicing with my instructors the hardest things and the things I need to work on most are the slow stuff. So this works well for me

And Welcome!

Comment

thatchick why not see if Kylie or Lucy can help you out, they live not far away from you

[MENTION=49641]buckydee[/MENTION] Welcome along, there are heaps of shadows near you, you shouldn't have a problem getting out and about.

The next ladies dinner ride is on the 13th of November if you are interested

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                thatchick why not see if Kylie or Lucy can help you out, they live not far away from you
                I could do that How do I get hold of said Kylie and Lucy? Haha

Comment

Originally posted by buckydee View Post
                  Hi,

I'm a 29yr old female learner (already drive) - bought a Honda CB125e and all the gear and have had one lesson so far. Got into bikes as I used to cycle to work, but sustained a back injury earlier in the year so can no longer cycle and thought a motorbike would be a good alternative!

My instructor is great, but is very busy and doesn't do weekends. Also, my job involves some field work so I'm not always around during the week. I'm really keen to get my license, but having to wait two weeks til my next lesson, I feel like it's going to take ages!

Ideally, I'd like to practise outside of the lessons, but obviously can't on my own. So my question is are there any riders in Nollamara who would be prepared to shadow, or does anyone know of anywhere off-road that I can practise? I considered just pottering along my road, but don't want to risk it!

Thanks!
                  :o Push on bikes are 10-20kg. Motorbikes are from 130 kg and up.
                  Have a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by buckydee View Post
                    Hi,

Thanks!
                    I can shadow and live in Nollamara. PM me

Comment

Originally posted by vosHonda View Post
                      :o Push on bikes are 10-20kg. Motorbikes are from 130 kg and up.
                      It's the physical cycling motion and pressure it puts on my back which is the problem, not the weight of the bike.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies - sorry for the delay in responding back - I haven't been getting notifications so wasn't aware!

I'm not confident to go on main roads yet - just need to potter around my local streets practising gear changes, etc at the moment. Unfortunately there aren't any large car parks near me to practise Thanks to those have offered to shadow - I'll PM you!

Comment

Hi, I had the CB125E before. There is few things to keep in mind while you riding this bike. I`m back on shore mid of Dec. You can PM me and I can give you a shadow couple of times.
                          Have a good one.

Comment

Perhaps the Stirling Council carpark would do? It's got plenty of space etc and usually pretty quiet after hours. If not confident on the road (and that's fine, you're new), perhaps follow someone down in the car while they ride your bike, or pillion, then practise. Happy to help out if needed. It's just timing that's the issue

Comment

Depends what part of Nollamara you're in, but there is a huge carpark opposite the church on Ravenswood. Obviously back injuries will make a long push pretty terrible if you're a fair way away from that..

Comment

Working...
                              X