Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new KTM LAMS bikes

KTM Supersport

RC125, RC200, RC390 (not sure if it will fit in under the LAMS limit or not).

There is now officially pretty much no reason to buy a Ninja or Hyo.

“Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Why no RC690?

Comment

I want the RC200, it has a bigger engine and weighs less than the RC8!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
        Why no RC690?
        Yeah, curious omission. I suspect they'll put one out sooner or later, I could see it being quite an interesting bike.

edit:
        yeah the site has a few typos on it the KTM RC125 diverts to the RC8 page too

I suspect its because the specs have just come in from europe, and they use , as a decimal point, and the webmaster who knows fuck all about bikes has gone "that doesn't look right" and moved it.... wrongly...
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Manyak View Post
          I want the RC200, it has a bigger engine and weighs less than the RC8!!

What a beast and LAMBs approved
          In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Yes they are fun, but I'm not a fan of plastic bikes
            :stupid:

Comment

Got excited till I read the power-to-weight ratio.

It seems the RC390 won't be LAMs considering that it is 200kW/t and the RC200 might also be out of the LAMs list at 0.26hp/kg which approx. to 193kW/t.

Comment

Originally posted by UZ11 View Post

It seems the RC390 won't be LAMs considering that it is 200kW/t and the RC200 might also be out of the LAMs list at 0.26hp/kg which approx. to 193kW/t.
                Not done the maths, but does that include the 90kg rider in that as well?

Comment

seen a LOT of cb500r bikes kicking around lately.

not sure how they compare.

- - - Updated - - -

cbr500r?
                  The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by UZ11 View Post

Add a 90kg rider to that figure as per the LAMS calc and i think it will just sneak in.

Comment

Duke 390 claims 43hp/139kg(Dry) and is Lambs,
                      RC390 claims 43hp/147kg(Dry)

Cant go on manufacturers claimed power and weights,
                      But it claims as powerful and a lot lighter than the Ninja 300 & CBR500.

Ive always wondered how Lambs bikes are tested, ie if they get wet weighed, and Dyno'd when they go thru ADR compliance testing?

Comment

KTM 390 is nice, probably cost more than my life and my bike combined though..
                        - XolituDe (Rick)

Comment

saw a tricked up 390 for the first time at ktm in wanneroo
                          they put all the extras on it
                          looked fantastic.....not as big as i had reckoned
                          also they had a new adventure there...that looked REAL big sitting along side the 390

Comment

Originally posted by bennings View Post
                            also they had a new adventure there...that looked REAL big sitting along side the 390
                            that 390 is probably my friend's, with $700 worth of extra bits on it. delivery has been delayed 3 months due to a strike in india. he's itching to get (still a learner) and i'll probably ride it home for him.

Comment

Originally posted by bennings View Post

The adventure is a big bike, but all the dukes aren't very big.

390 = same chassis as the 200 if i"m not mistaken. 690/1290 are similar sized too. i actually almost walked past the 1290 at the show (and without thinking to check if it was a twin, started looking for the 690 badges) because it was way smaller than I expected.

Comment

Working...
                              X