Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannington Practical Test Route

Hi All,

I have my test in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone knew the route they use in cannington for some practise??

I went there today and tried to follow a car from a distance to see the route, but the assessor swapped seats after a few minutes so I guess he didn't do to well.

Have googled it, but had no luck.

Thanks,
    Will.

If you can turn left and right comfortably what difference does the route make?

Comment

Yeah good point Sentient, just wanting to be really prepared and it would be good to have an idea of the local roads etc.

Cheers

Comment

^^ it does help when you know where you're going, it's one less thing to think about.

though I hear that they use bike to bike comms or some shit now?
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Yeah I had a lesson today and they used the Sena comms system. From what the instructor said they use them during the assesment.

Comment

That would make it heaps easier. before, we used to have to basically memorize the next leg of the route and ride there. if it's an unfamiliar area that can be quite annoying as you're spending brain trying to locate street signs, etc.
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

My bloke had to do his o-turns in a carpark that had a bit of a slope on it. Maybe practice that.
              -

Comment

Thanks guys.

Agrid I will make sure I practise that.

Comment

Originally posted by Will_859 View Post
                  Hi All,

I have my test in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone knew the route they use in cannington for some practise??

I went there today and tried to follow a car from a distance to see the route, but the assessor swapped seats after a few minutes so I guess he didn't do to well.

Have googled it, but had no luck.

Thanks,
                  Will.

Have you googled Welshpool?? Isn't that the licencing centre you are going to?

Comment

Knowing the route is benificial, for example, one of the assessors in Rockingham doesnt use Bluetooth, he will advise you every direction to take to the O turn spot from the Center. Knowing the route makes it one less thing to worry about. They all have their little "Gotchya" traps on the way, like Bus Lanes that turn into turning lanes, or mini slip lanes that you have to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                      Have you googled Welshpool?? Isn't that the licencing centre you are going to?
                      They've relocated all assessments from Welshpool to Cannington. Started back in September.
                      It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Originally posted by truewheel View Post
                        They've relocated all assessments from Welshpool to Cannington. Started back in September.
                        ah OK then haven't seen anyone posting that they have passed in Cannington, but then haven't been watching the RE pass thread for awhile

Comment

Yer I did a google site search on here; nothing on Cannington assessment routes
                          It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Good luck on your test. If you need more road time, i can help out next Wednesday or Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMenace View Post
                              Good luck on your test. If you need more road time, i can help out next Wednesday or Thursday.
                              Thanks, yeah that could be very helpful, I will PM you to speak details.

cheers,
                              Will.

Comment

Working...
                              X