What colour should I wrap my VTR250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What colour should I wrap my VTR250

Hey guys, I got my VTR250 just over 2 months ago for a steal, however the paint was a bit dodgy.

This isnt my bike - but looks pretty much exactly like that but with a danmoto exhaust from a ninja 650 (modified connection pipe).
    I also have a set of chrome dominator headlights on the way.

So I was thinking of getting perhaps Avery matte metallic garnet wrap which could go well with the grey frame.... this is what it looks like Messer Is More: The Turbo Fan Audi A7 | Speedhunters
    Anyone else have any idea's? I might also plastidip the headlights and speedo depending on what colour I go for with the bike.

Carbon Fiber Film | Dedicated To Selling 3M Carbon Fiber DI-NOC Vinyl
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Purple Chrome;

VVIVID7 Purple Mirror Chrome 5ft x 3ft 15SQFT Cast Vinyl Vehicle Film Car | eBay
      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Pink

No joke
        2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
        2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
        2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
        2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
        2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
        2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

What's wrong with the paint? If it's flaking and chipped you will just see the indents of where it flaked as depressions in the vinyl which will look shit.

Buy some paint stripper, prep the parts yourself and it'll cost hardly anything to get someone to spray it. Hell if you have enough patience you can get pretty decent results from a rattle can with the right prep.
          Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
          Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

The paint just has scratches and marks in it, not chipped thank god.
            I thought about the carbon fiber, not too sure I'd do the entire bike in it though. A friend has given me some white carbon which he got for a couple bucks on ebay, might give that a shot on one of the parts and see what it looks like.
            Thanks for the responses, but I dont think i'll be going with purple chrome or pink

Comment

Comment

Bright yellow. I'm not joking, it actually grows on you and has the benefit of being highly visible.
                If you are really bored, get the frame and engine painted in black, replace the instrument cluster with Trailtech Vapour(with dashlight kit), and get an enduro or street fighter headlight.

Comment

That ducati is nice.................
                  Has anyone actually used plastidip on their bike? Was maybe thinking this would be an easy option however I'm concerned about it rubbing off. I thought about yellow but i'd think a black frame would be better with it - taking off the frame seems like a bit of a pain in all honesty :/
                  Thanks for the suggestions tho

Comment

What colour should I wrap my VTR250

Plasti-dip up close looks terrible as it doesn't go smooth it stays really peely especially noticeable over large flat areas. Plus is not fuel or scratch resistant so unless ur just parking ur bike up to look at it from far away don't bother.
                    Have u wrapped anything before? It's not as easy as it looks in the YouTube vids, I wrapped the belly fairing on my old R1 and it was a head fuck and that's a fairly flat surface. Doing a tank with all it's curves and contours would be a major head fuck to get looking good.
                    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Yea I helped a mate with his DRZ400 with the cheap chinese stuff which was really prone to bubbling, but it turned out alright in the end - he wasnt too patient XD, luckily I am... I think
                      What wrap did you use on the R1?

Comment

Some 3m carbon fibre look stuff I bought of eBay
                        B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

sooo tempted to go the animal skin route myself
                          Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

Lol what!?

Comment

Originally posted by The MuF View Post
                              Lol what!?

Go on... do it!!!

You only need to shampoo it once a month.
                              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Working...
                              X