Bike won't start after sprocket change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike won't start after sprocket change

I just changed my sprockets and chain over and now my bike won't start. Immediately after the swap I started the engine and it was fine but left it for 3 days and now that I tried to start it again it won't. Any ideas?

1. Electrics work fine. (light comes on and all so I'm assuming battery is not dead)
    2. Engine oil levels are fine
    3. Engine was in neutral when attempted to start
    4. When I hit the start button you hear the initial starting noise but the engine just doesn't start up.

Would for any reason that the rear disc brake not be aligned with the calipers be the cause of this? (some kinda sensor?) Looks aligned to me tho.

Anyone any ideas?

It's the battery.

Edit: Try some jumper leads & see how you go.

Comment

Originally posted by UZ11 View Post
      Would for any reason that the rear disc brake not be aligned with the calipers be the cause of this? (some kinda sensor?) Looks aligned to me tho.
      lol sorry mate but that's a classic

I'd agree with pnork though it sounds like your battery lacking enough charge to actually start it up. Try leads or just jump start it and see if that gets it going for now.

Comment

Checked the Side stand switch?
        Voltron-Evo. https://www.facebook.com/?_rdr=p#!/voltronmotorcycles

Comment

^^^ Yeah this sounds most likely
          2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
          2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
          2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
          2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
          2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
          2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Fuck, you've seized the engine.

Just kidding, killswitch

Comment

Suzuki clutch switch ?
              REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
              (anarchy in english )

Comment

Kill switch is on. Knowing what sort of bike it is would help...

Some Hondas allow the starter motor to turn with the kill switch off.

Suzuki need the clutch pulled in.

Ducati it's normal and considered character.
                Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

OK, so I feel like a full retard now, my apologies to all.
                  It was indeed the battery, finally managed to suss some cables.

I spoz having owned the bike for just over a month didn't help. I tried to "jump" start the bike rolling down the drive way and throwing the clutch but being in first gear it was too "rough" for it to start. Wouldn't allow me go into 2nd so I had to do it in first. Oh, by the way its a '10 VTR 250.

I assumed that since the headlights came on the battery wasn't flat. I was wrong.

Also the joy from new chain and sprockets is bloody amazing! Having done the change myself, feeling more amazing! Took it for its first ride since the swap and of course to charge the batt too. haha!

Now, where would I get a decent new battery SOR/vic park? brands? price?

Thanks.

Comment

Never go full retard... this place is rather merciless on that.
                    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

the VTR wont go into 2nd gear? I thought that was a Kawasaki exclusive crapdesign.
                      The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

haha! I've learnt that now. Learning so many things today! hehe

Next thing on the list to do: oil change. Let's see how much retard i can get in that.

Comment

Originally posted by UZ11 View Post
                          haha! I've learnt that now. Learning so many things today! hehe

Next thing on the list to do: oil change. Let's see how much retard i can get in that.
                          Oil changes are easy.

Step one. Remove sprocket and chain...

Comment

^ ...or just have your chain crack your engine casing

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                              ^ ...or just have your chain crack your engine casing
                              Isn't Frank the one to ask about that?

Comment

Working...
                              X