Recommend me a bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a bike

Hysosung GT250 got trashed (idiot lady driver).

Keeping an eye out for something else (Naked or Scooter). Commuting and occasional ride with the wife.

Budget $2k - $3k.

Don't care about brand. Happy with a Loncin if it were reliable enough and could do 100 on the fwy.

Love the looks/specs of the Honda VTR250 Spada, but worried about getting parts for it when needed (one on gumtree for $2k which looks like it's been through the mill).

Without incurring the wrath of the pure bikers, these are what I'm considering, and would appreciate other suggestions/comments:

- Hyo GT250 (again. great bike post 2007).
    - Honda CBF250 - around $2.5k (am keeping an eye on the one in the for sale section but it's in Busselton, and what I've read about these bikes you're pushing to get 110 km/h)... my Hyo did 140 no problem
    - Honda VTR250 Spada - around $2.5k (Love love love the look, but worried about parts and expenses to repair)
    - Loncin 250 (if they are better built than a few years ago, and apparently they are) - $2500 brand new
    - Motobi RKV200 (designed in Italy/Australi, made in China... very popular in South America and Asia) - $2300 brand new
    - MCI Knight 170cc (scooter) - $1400

Let the flaming begin
    Stop the Train Parking charge!
    http://www.change.org/en-AU/petition...ng-at-stations

For your needs and budget go for another Hyo...

you now have experience with them and know what to look for when buying...

Comment

VTR250 all the way out of that list.

Why not something LAMS approved.
      Peace out

Comment

You're right about the Cbf 250 it struggles to push over 110km/hr standard. I've opened mine up with pipe and removed the air box and I've had it up to 135 with a little more to go but that was with a tail wind. I'm 95 kg mind you. One thing going for it is it's probably the lightest bike of the lot and it cuts corners up with ease. Not a full sized bike either so it's a little cramped for taller riders.
        Ninety nine percent of the people in this world are fools. The rest of us are in great danger of contagion.

Comment

avoid chinese bikes!

vtr250, ninja 250,
          >>increase your budget and look at GS500
          gs500 in Perth Region, WA | Gumtree Australia Free Local Classifieds | Page 1

Comment

Originally posted by =DaZzA= View Post
            VTR250 all the way out of that list.

Why not something LAMS approved.
            I'm happy with 250 to be honest. Don't feel the need to get anything that goes above 140km/h. I'd be too tempted to speed which wouldn't go down too well where I work .

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Blazon View Post
            avoid chinese bikes!

vtr250, ninja 250,
            >>increase your budget and look at GS500
            gs500 in Perth Region, WA | Gumtree Australia Free Local Classifieds | Page 1
            Ninja feels like a kids bike to me... too small imho.

- - - Updated - - -

So what's the deal with parts for the Spada? Too hard/expensive?

Gotta admit I have a major preference for another yellow bike (not that it helped me recently ). There's a Spada over east in yellow which looks AMAZING. Wonder how much cost/hassle it is to get it over here and licenced for WA?

Comment

Theres a VTR for sale on the forum: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...50-efi-167749/

Also 2K~3K is the range of the CBR125

Comment

avoid chinese bikes!
                I also hated Chinese bikes a few years ago, but people in the industry (inc Steve's Motorcyles in Midland) say the quality has greatly improved on a few of them (Loncin for instance... who supply engines to Honda?).

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jon1 View Post
                Theres a VTR for sale on the forum: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...50-efi-167749/

It's a great bike but outside my budget unfortunately. I live in Thornlie too so Gosnells is right next door.

Comment

Originally posted by storm View Post
                  I also hated Chinese bikes a few years ago, but people in the industry (inc Steve's Motorcyles in Midland) say the quality has greatly improved on a few of them (Loncin for instance... who supply engines to Honda?).
                  I have no doubt that in time some Chinese bikes will be reliable.
                  a few on here have bought the CFmoto 650nk...not without its problems but it has potential.

As for Loncin no one on this forum that I've met owns or has owned one, I wonder why that is?
                  Sales reps will say anything to persuade you to buy their product.
                  Last edited by Blazon; 02-01-2014, 12:55 AM.

Comment

As for Loncin no one on this forum that I've met owns or has owned one, I wonder why that is?
                    Sales reps will say anything to persuade you to buy their product.
                    My BIL had a Loncin 250 Cruiser 3 yrs ago. He recently sold it to his nephew. Apart from the fact I think Cruisers are gay, it also had a few problems (nothing engine... all ancillary stuff like the speedo getting water in it when it rained).

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jon1 View Post
                    Can you carry a 2nd adult on a cbr125 without having to get the flintstone feet out? Still prefer naked as racers kill my back after a while.

Comment

(Loncin for instance... who supply engines to Honda?).
                      The chinese make shitty copies of a few Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki engines, but supply to Honda?

Comment

Can you carry a 2nd adult on a cbr125 without having to get the flintstone feet out? Still prefer naked as racers kill my back after a while.
                        Can't even carry one (I was around 70kg when I owned one and 100 was a struggle unless conditions were right - tailwind, down hill)
                        Originally posted by Commuter
                        23) Your girlfriends parents will not be impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her.
                        24) If your girlfriend is not impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her, get a new girlfriend.

Comment

Not sure about your 125; but I made the 250 friendly (competent) ride become 125 friendly

Comment

SRV250 or SRV250 Renaissa

CAFE RACER LAMS | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia West Tamar - Beauty Point | 1033351451
                            Originally posted by Skut
                            ...the problem is that no-one wants to listen to an expert, just to have their own position/circumstance supported or be acknowledged.

Comment

A great option if OP was living in Tasmania..
                              Originally posted by Desmo
                              Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X