2012 hyosung gt250r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 hyosung gt250r

gday again all, previously had the option to swap my 2011 aquila for something else but decided against it, now i have been offered a 2012 Hyo GT250R, wanting to know from people who have owned or still own one in regards to any issues that they have experienced, bike has 3500kms on it and has been serviced at DB by current owner, what do i need to look out for or should i go for it, also been offered a 2004 kawasaki gpx with 13,000kms on it from the looks just needs a chain clean........what to do what to do

I had a 2011 gt250 for a year, great bike no problems at all. Would happily have one again if doing things over.

Comment

Originally posted by BJMac View Post
      I had a 2011 gt250 for a year, great bike no problems at all. Would happily have one again if doing things over.
      cheers BJmac, so i guess they did improve after 08-09

Comment

I had one as a one day loaner while my bike was being serviced. Not sure if it was a 2012, about 8500km's on it, white with red highlights. Looked nice.

Edit. Looked like this which could be a 2013.

The only problems I had with the bike was the front tyre was old & scalloped, no fault of the bike. The gearbox also felt worn as I had trouble selecting neutral when stationary. Couple of times It was "locked" into first gear and I had to move the bike back/forward before I could get it into neutral. Probably a loose/poorly adjusted gear shift, I didn't look too closely. Once moving it changed up/down better though not as well as other bike's I've ridden.

Overall though it was in pretty good shape and rode fairly well, just needed an extra 40 kilowatt's or so!

Comment

yeh that looks like a 2013, i know the hyos have always being hit and miss with the neutral gear selection, that can be improved to some degree apparently, have read they are getting heaps better and many experience no problems at all but still the odd lemon, just worried that with such low kms the problems are yet to come lol....

Comment

I had no gearbox selection issues, owned mine from 0kms to 7800kms (2011 model), it sat on the rev limiter its entire life, had no issues from it apart from being a 250

Comment

Originally posted by Josh93 View Post
              I had no gearbox selection issues, owned mine from 0kms to 7800kms (2011 model), it sat on the rev limiter its entire life, had no issues from it apart from being a 250
              thats a bonus, any other issues though?? or are you a +1 for them getting their act together?

Comment

I sure am but as I said, only had it from brand new for a little under 8000kms, buttt
                +1

Comment

2012 is a decent model for the gt250r, obviously maintain maintain maintain and you should be fine, mind the hyo haters, decent bike for the price and a pretty good swap for what you have

Comment

Adjusting the clutch fixes the getting it into neutral problem.
                    Coming up to 30K on mine, no major issues, I just keep on top of maintenance.

Comment

I think they are a bit heavy for their power but I think the same of my mother's 2.0L N/A Impreza so take what I say with a grain of salt.
                      This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeBloke View Post
                        Adjusting the clutch fixes the getting it into neutral problem.
                        Coming up to 30K on mine, no major issues, I just keep on top of maintenance.
                        30k in two years with no problems.....thats pretty damn impressive
                        have you carried a pillion? any complaints?

Comment

Yeah had pillions on it, other than a sagged spring nothing I am unhappy with considering it was cheaper to start with, I think I may be the lucky one though. Recently got me open class, biggest complaint now is that I still have the hyo and not a real bike

Comment

Working...
                          X