Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BART course for RE and Lams ONLY 2nd MAY 2014 (Barbagallo Arvanced Ride Training)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BART course for RE and Lams ONLY 2nd MAY 2014 (Barbagallo Arvanced Ride Training)

Hi guys,

Few students have express the interest of a BART course dedicated to RE license holders and RE Learners (yes you can actually do the course on your L's)

For the one that are new about the BART course it is the same team that used to run the Advance Ride Days at RAC Driving Centre (near the Int. Airport) and have moved up at Barbagallo Raceway.

The course is structured in:

1) Class sessions covering: General riding, Counter steer, Emergency Stop, Country riding, Body positioning

2) Outdoor session in the infield: Slow control, Fig "8", Evasive manoeuvring, Snail race, Transition cornering

3) Emergency stop: from 50km/h

4) Emergency stop on bends

5) Practical ride on Jack's Hill circuit

Timetable: 8am Sign-On - 2.30pm Finish and there will a BBQ at the end of the event.

Riding Gear requirements: Helmet, riding jacket, gloves (no fingerless), kevlar jeans, riding boots

It will be a long day... bring a hat and sunscreen.

For more info: BART

Cheers, Andrea

PLEASE NOTE for Learners riders attending the event you need to organize a shadow from and to the track on the day (a carton of beer to say thx to your shadow will be highly appreciated )
    MTWA - Motorcycle Training With Andrea
    DOT Qualified Motorcycle Instructor
    Cert IV in Training and Assessment
    WWW.MTWA.COM.AU
    WWW.BART.NET.AU

Email sent!

Comment

Thx! Email replied
      WWW.MTWA.COM.AU
      WWW.BART.NET.AU

Comment

How much is the whole day? i have had my RE for close to 8 months now but since my bike was stolen in November i havent ridden since, so it would be nice to pick up on a few things on the new(ish) bike.
        "If you're happy, I'm happy. If you're unhappy, I'm happy. I'm generally a pretty happy guy."

Comment

Originally posted by griffo_94 View Post
          How much is the whole day? i have had my RE for close to 8 months now but since my bike was stolen in November i havent ridden since, so it would be nice to pick up on a few things on the new(ish) bike.
          The course is $250 from 8am to 2.30pm and we have a BBQ at the end of the course.

Andrea
          WWW.MTWA.COM.AU
          WWW.BART.NET.AU

Comment

G'day [MENTION=7160]vale46[/MENTION],

When is the latest we can book in to do this course?
            And will I be turned away on the day if I don't have Kevlar jeans?

Cheers Jake
            Originally posted by Macca
            The Correct number of bikes to own is n+1, where n equals the number of bikes you currently own (This is simplified and doesn't take into account the wife modifier )

Comment

Hey Jake,

Normally we prefer to have all the booking done a week before so we can cater for the event. Provide you don't rock up in singlet and shorts... jeans are fine for me.

Andrea
              WWW.MTWA.COM.AU
              WWW.BART.NET.AU

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just a quick heads-up on the Course, we need a minimum of 6 riders to run the course... we have 2 lock in and 3 maybeish...

I know we still have plenty time to May. For any info BART

Andrea
                WWW.MTWA.COM.AU
                WWW.BART.NET.AU

Comment

I know June is TBA, but I'm free from the 3rd to the 8th of June, 3 on 1 off really makes it difficult to get down for this...

Comment

To all you newbie riders and people still on your L's. You NEED to do BART, if you want to pretend to be a Stoner, Rossi or Marquez. This is great stepping stone to confidence and bike control.
                    $250 is equivalent to what, maybe 3 lessons? You're getting more than your x3 1 hour lessons worth of learning and get to fang around on Jacks Hill. Jacks Hill is fun, lots of fun.

I hear the spicy sausages were good too :p

Comment

I wish to attend this, but right now it's a "maybe." I shall confirm hopefully a week before. My test is on April 15th! So we'll see how it goes if not I'll just bug someone to shadow me

Comment

Are we allowed to run lams bikes derestricted for this?

Reason I ask is I'm happy riding the bike derestricted around barbs (did with my level 1) so controlling it like that is fine for me, however as I'll be close to my R class test when I can get to do this I was thinking it may be of more beneficial as practice with an R class bike?

Comment

I wouldn't bother derestricting it, all the maneuvers are low speed. I think the fastest I went all day was (not including the freeway to and from) was maybe 75kmh on the Jacks Hill course. The main thing is learning what you need to do or should be doing. The bike is irrelevant, you could do the whole day on a CT110 Postie. You're building up transferable skills.

Comment

I have a "sports" tourer. Which is an old piece of much loved crap, mechanically good, just tired. (2002 BMW F650CS) Would it be suitable for this course?

Comment

Originally posted by Deefa View Post
                              I have a "sports" tourer. Which is an old piece of much loved crap, mechanically good, just tired. (2002 BMW F650CS) Would it be suitable for this course?
                              As above, it's not what you ride, it's how you ride it. If it has an engine, 2 wheels and working brakes it should be suitable.
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X