Looking to ride more :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to ride more :-)

Hi there my name is Sheridan. I'm really keen on doing some more road riding to get some experience up before I sit my test (earliest booking May!!) I have been riding with my dad but he works FIFO so it tends to be infrequent and continuous lessons are expensive. I live in Bayswater and own a 250 Ninja. I do have a heavy work schedule but hoping to be able to arrange something with someone. Lunch/dinner and fuel would be covered. Thanks :-)

Can maybe shadow you after work on weekdays as I work at the airport, and generally make an appearance on the tuesday/thursday learner friendly rides. (they generally kick off around 6:45 ish from somewhere relatively central).

How many lessons have you had? Have you ridden in traffic yet?
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Hmm. I think I know you. Either that or another Sheridan who owns a 250 Ninja.

Comment

Hi and welcome, Bayswater is pretty central, depending on when you get home.

Ditch some of the work and get on your bike

There are also female only rides if you are a female Sheridan

Comment

I`m FIFO as well, back home 31/03. Next burb to you. PM me in April.
          Have a good one.

Comment

I'm in Basso with non-standard work hours, so PM me when you're free and I can also take you out.
            If you keep trying to explain it with logic and facts you will possibly end up hurting your sanity.

Comment

Thank you for that. The learner rides sound like great fun! Where can I find more information on that? I've had heaps of lessons and my instructor said I'm ready to sit the test. I went out with dad up through mundaring on the public holiday yesterday with no problems. It was such great fun I can't wait to do it again :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Rorschach View Post
              Hmm. I think I know you. Either that or another Sheridan who owns a 250 Ninja.
              Really? You may do! Well hopefully because then we can go riding!

Comment

Check "in the loop" for anything prefixed "Learner", "250 friendly", or "Newbie friendly"...
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                  Hi and welcome, Bayswater is pretty central, depending on when you get home.

Ditch some of the work and get on your bike

There are also female only rides if you are a female Sheridan
                  thank you for that :-)
                  I was hoping to meet some girls to ride with. Where can I find the info about those rides?
                  Wouldn't we all like to ditch work for the things we love!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by vosHonda View Post
                  I`m FIFO as well, back home 31/03. Next burb to you. PM me in April.
                  thank you! I will do. Enjoy the rest on your swing

Comment

Originally posted by Sheribomb View Post
                    Thank you for that. The learner rides sound like great fun! Where can I find more information on that? I've had heaps of lessons and my instructor said I'm ready to sit the test. I went out with dad up through mundaring on the public holiday yesterday with no problems. It was such great fun I can't wait to do it again :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Really? You may do! Well hopefully because then we can go riding!
                    Reading the above, it must be another Sheridan. The one I know has been riding a while and I'm pretty sure she's going for R-class soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheribomb View Post
                      thank you for that :-)
                      I was hoping to meet some girls to ride with. Where can I find the info about those rides?
                      Wouldn't we all like to ditch work for the things we love!

So were most of the people replying.

Comment

I currently have a lot of time on my hands as I'm not working, so I'm sure we could arrange to get you out for a run or two. For good or bad, I'm also female.

I don't get onto PSB all that often any more, so your best bet would be to email me: p.m(at)live.com.au
                        "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

Originally posted by rnelson955 View Post
                          So were most of the people replying.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice View Post
                            I currently have a lot of time on my hands as I'm not working, so I'm sure we could arrange to get you out for a run or two. For good or bad, I'm also female.

I don't get onto PSB all that often any more, so your best bet would be to email me: p.m(at)live.com.au
                            Thank you! I'm not actually to sure how to live message. Can I PM you my number?

Comment

hi there, also female but cant shadow as I haven't had license long enough but I Live in Beechboro so when you are ready lets ride.
                              I also am starting to go on learner friendly organised rides. might see you there, look for the only cruiser and a pink helmet lol
                              Planning on doing the 13th March ride.
                              Michelle / Cruzer

Cruisin' thru life!

Comment

Working...
                              X