Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for new places to ride in Perth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for new places to ride in Perth?

Hey guys,

I have been riding for about 11 months now on my little Kawasaki Ninja 250 and am keen for some tips on new places to ride. I went up to Mundaring Weir last weekend, which was pretty good fun. This was my vid / MotoVlog of it below (if you're interested):

The spots I have been so far are:

- Northern Beaches to Freo
    - Guilderton (Moore River)
    - Ledge Point
    - Chittering
    - Mundaring Weir
    - York
    - Swan Valley

Thanks in advance to anyone that provides some new interesting ride tips.

Mach1 Aussie
    Last edited by BlackFZR; 06-10-2015, 10:55 PM.

The track: Barbagallo, Collie, RAC

Comment

Scarborough Bike Bays at night if you forget to bring your camera
      Rest in Peace

Comment

Dwellingup as well as Waroona and even Quindanning should be doable on a 250.
        You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

There's some fun roads around here, I like to do the Canns Rd/Carradine Rd/Albany Hwy loop on a weekend sometimes, or the dams run around Wungong/Canning Dam/Churchman's Brook.
          The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 Aussie View Post
            Hey guys,

I have been riding for about 11 months now on my little Kawasaki Ninja 250 and am keen for some tips on new places to ride. I went up to Mundaring Weir last weekend,
            Straight at the round about pub. Right goes to Weir. Left goes no were.

Did you go back to Mundaring or head over to Kalamunda via the Weir rd. From Kala you can head over to Canning dam or from Mundaring you have Obriens rd. Toodyay via Lower Chittering rd back to GNH.

Comment

Originally posted by BOFH View Post
              There's some fun roads around here, I like to do the Canns Rd/Carradine Rd/Albany Hwy loop on a weekend sometimes, or the dams run around Wungong/Canning Dam/Churchman's Brook.
              You would most likely see me on these roads BOFH
              Lets ride....

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                The track: Barbagallo, Collie, RAC
                I'd pay good money to see the worlds first Motoflogger at the track,
                riding along one handed , waving madly, gesturing and swearing at everyone else...
                I give it till Turn 5 or the Basin before camera goes upside down.

Comment

I'd rather see it for free... motofloggers will only get ABN's and start a business... then what...?

Turn 7 for me ----scraping twitchin.. then .. boom!!!!! all caught on vid... eeeoooowww!
                  " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Recommend the curvy roads around waroona, north spur road is good. Dwellingup is good but has lots of hills which can be a pain on a 250. can be fun at times but other times you get a good corner and it's too uphill to power through it..... that said I weigh 110kg and ride a 170kg 250 so it's probably easier on other 250s with lighter riders.

Comment

Hi and welcome along!

though some pretty dodgy riding and rule breaking in that vid!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                        Hi and welcome along!

All i noticed myself was a couple of times safely crossing double white lines (illegal but not uncommon on a bike) and riding super close to the white lines a lot of the time. Other than that when I was watching I just thought "Why are you going so slow through all those fun looking corners" lol.

Comment

I went to the RAC track to drive a Lamborghini and Ferrari on the weekend.

I would love to do a bike session there also. There was a group that looked like they were doing an advanced riding course or something in one of the sections just as I was leaving. Has anyone done any courses or racing here before. What are the costs on the different things they do there?
                          Last edited by Mach1 Aussie; 12-10-2015, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                            Hi and welcome along!

Thanks Stoneville. Always open to feedback on how to improve my riding and safety man. I certainly don't pretend to be anything special and the best way to learn is off people with more experience than you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 Aussie View Post
                              Thanks Stoneville. Always open to feedback on how to improve my riding and safety man. I certainly don't pretend to be anything special and the best way to learn is off people with more experience than you.
                              hmmmpppf you don't think I have enough experience??????

No probs I know what you meant! But as [MENTION=31583]fetus[/MENTION] said and I thought when watching the video, some of those lines taken by the riders in front of you were very questionable, at least you stayed left.

Best way to learn is if you are ALL riding in the correct position for the road and leaving enough of a gap in case things go wrong. There is no way I would be riding staggered on MWR, it is a road that needs to be ridden with respect and you need to be riding the correct lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X