Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel economy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fuel economy

    So in light of running out of fuel for the first time, how many kms do you get out of a tank?
    I have a 2010 ninja 250R, 17L tank and I achieved 407km.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  • #2
    17L tank 200 kms and fuel light comes on, 80kms left at that point. 2008 triumph Daytona 675

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Water pig View Post
      17L tank 200 kms and fuel light comes on, 80kms left at that point. 2008 triumph Daytona 675
      Turns out I don't have a fuel light

      Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh well, at 380 in the future make sure you find a servo, simple

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Water pig View Post
          Oh well, at 380 in the future make sure you find a servo, simple
          That's what I normally do, just thought I had a light so decided to see when it turns on. Lucky I ran out as I pulled into work

          Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #6
            ZX10R, 17L and if I'm riding like a twat, 90km when the "FUEL" message starts blinking.

            RSV100R, 17L, 180km even when behaving myself, the joy of V-Twins
            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

            Comment


            • #7
              there is a thread on all this...

              but anyway my mileage has changed some what

              the DRZ 15km per liter, i'll hit the reserve bang on 120 - 130k on the trip depending on how much i squeezed in the last time i filled up

              ZX10 chews like a fat American with complete ignorance.. 10k a liter or less

              with fuel usage & going through tyres every 4k it was easy to see the myth of motorcycles being cheaper than a car is false lol

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                ZX10R, 17L and if I'm riding like a twat, 90km when the "FUEL" message starts blinking.
                haha 90km with a average speed 256, tires are all sticky and full of sticks & gravel, your nuts are roasted from the engine & glowing exhaust plus a angry mob of animal rights picketers have made camp on your front lawn due to all the critters inhaled by the ram air, then the neighbors happily out you to ACA and give a interview confirming your are indeed the cause of the country's problems

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well I've got nearly 15,000rpm to play with and if you go for a ride in the top 1/3rd of that, things get consumed very rapidly. Fuel, tires, driving records.

                  Clearly you can't ride like that everyday, but when we had a track. (remember that?) Easy.
                  Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hillz View Post
                    haha 90km with a average speed 256, tires are all sticky and full of sticks & gravel, your nuts are roasted from the engine & glowing exhaust plus a angry mob of animal rights picketers have made camp on your front lawn due to all the critters inhaled by the ram air, then the neighbors happily out you to ACA and give a interview confirming your are indeed the cause of the country's problems
                    The cause of global warming

                    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      zx10's run on kittens & tears of Cambodian orphans

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Nosugar View Post
                        The cause of global warming
                        Pfft... a ZX10R run at full noise to destruction will have a lower carbon footprint than a single Toyota Prius before it's even built.
                        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          EXC 500 12L (I think) lasts 150km
                          SD 990 18L lasts 250km
                          Rest in Peace

                          #294

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My BT50 gets good mileage but the fuckers have jacked the price of diesel up...plus those wet greens in Europe have seen fit to insist all diesels to be fitted with restrictive DPF's...might as well go out and get a postie bike with a small trailer.
                            Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The carby wear on my 20yr old/150 000km BB means I rarely get better than 250km to the red light (~21L of 23 used) even when ridden sedately
                              If I hammer her it drops significantly Still a bit better than my XR6T though
                              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                              Originally posted by Phildo
                              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                              Originally posted by filbert
                              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                              98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X