Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE to R class 1/7/18?

Hi all
    I’ve just got back into riding and am wanting to get a bigger bike.
    As it stands today my what once was a 250cc licence became a LAMS licence and I need to take a test to get an open class licence
    I saw an article on here from a few months ago about peoples licence being automatically upgraded fromRE to R after two years, does anyone know any more on this?
    Cheers
    Pete

Originally posted by PeteL View Post
    I saw an article on here from a few months ago about peoples licence being automatically upgraded fromRE to R after two years
    No.

Comment

Change to R Class licensing - 1st July 2018
      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
      Originally posted by Phildo
      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
      Originally posted by filbert
      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

General impression I'm getting is those on R-E seem to favour the 2 year auto-upgrade rather than the current 1 year R-E and then paying for, and sitting a test to get R class. Personally, if I was wanting to upgrade I'd prefer the current system rather than waiting an extra year for an auto-upgrade (not that the latter is happening).

This topic seems to be the new "riding in the wet", "which insurer" etc. thread equivalent Speaking of which, I didn't see any road conditioner threads this winter though.
        Last edited by Kristy; 27-08-2018, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteL View Post
          Hi all
          I’ve just got back into riding and am wanting to get a bigger bike.
          As it stands today my what once was a 250cc licence became a LAMS licence and I need to take a test to get an open class licence
          I saw an article on here from a few months ago about peoples licence being automatically upgraded fromRE to R after two years, does anyone know any more on this?
          Cheers
          Pete
          If you saw a thread on the subject why didn't you add to it instead of making a whole new one?

Comment

Unfortunately we have to do the test bud. But that’s no skin off my nose
            Born to ride forced to work

Comment

I don't understand why a lot of R-E riders are so concerned with getting away with not doing their R test, hoping that the rules are going to change just in time so that they won't have to do it. Those are the hoops that literally every R class rider on here and thousands of others had to jump through and you know what? It really wasn't a big deal. If you have used the 12 months or so to ride and gain experience then you should have no problems, just book the test, check each day for cancellations and go and get your big boys/girls license. I personally don't know of anyone, although I am sure there are some people, that didn't pass there R class test. In my experience they just want to check you can handle a big bike and aren't a public risk (d-head).

While I am at it... it is worth noting that a having to book well in advance and calling up looking for cancellations is something most of us were subjected to going back to at least near on 20 years ago when I had do this dance because unless they say they have a booking available tomorrow it will never be soon enough, for we are flawed and impatient folk.

PeteL, don't think this gripe refers to you or any one particular person. Your question only reminded me of the same question and complaints that I have heard from friends and other learner motorcyclists over the years and it occasionally grinds my gears is all. Plus I have been away from PSB for a while so most likely others have grown numb to it.
              The body is weak and needs to be punished!

Comment

The cost of the test is $81. Maybe they'd rather spend it on a bottle of George Dickel No 12.

Or a happy ending at suzy's

Or a bit of goey
                The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

I'll go all four - in that order

Comment

The reverse might be more fun?
                    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

No no ya mix the booze and goey together,then go see ole Suzy slip her some goey (let’s face it she’ll need it ) and have a grand ole time .

Edit:and then get your big boy license the next day.

Comment

3--1--2 in that order for me ( Hi Suzie.)

And besides I have a licence....atm....
                        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

I'm just lazy with no intention to upgrade off my LAMS bike, but want the full license because the LAMS one isn't recognised when travelling.

Comment

well sonny, you have some conflicting desires there

Comment

Susie say hi back hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X