Upright LAMS bikes suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xor View Post
    ..or a used FZ6R LAMS if you can find one.
    I would steer away from the 4cyl LAMS bikes.
    They tend to have completely hamstrung torque delivery.
    Originally posted by Desmo
    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
      I would steer away from the 4cyl LAMS bikes.
      They tend to have completely hamstrung torque delivery.
      Last I checked the FZ6Rs were only limited by a throttle restrictor. Happy to be corrected.

As for the rest, I kind of agree, though the smaller 4cyl LAMS (mc22 etc) bikes are still a riot.
      Ridden: Bicycles, Honda Today 50, 5kW E-Scooter, XT125 Pit Bike, CB125E, CBR125R, Munkers' E-Hyo, VT250 Spada, CB250F Hornet, CBR250RR MC22, Z300, YZF-R3, CB400SF, CB500X, ER6f, YZF-R6, CBR600RR, ZX6R, MT-09, CB1000R Neo, CBR1000RR, S1000RR

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
        Last I checked the FZ6Rs were only limited by a throttle restrictor. Happy to be corrected.

As for the rest, I kind of agree, though the smaller 4cyl LAMS (mc22 etc) bikes are still a riot.
        Being unable to go full throttle on a large(ISH) 4 cyl is criminal. The 600CC 4cyl LAMS bikes are restricted through a variety of measures be it throttle restrictor, fueling or otherwise.
        Regardless, it takes a useful engine and turns it into a joyless disappointment.

250 4cyls are great because they can be used as intended. They aren't any less slow but being able to use full throttle and wind that little sewing machine out is the whole point of "more cylinders = betterer".
        Last edited by Commander Keen; 11-02-2019, 03:13 PM.
        Originally posted by Desmo
        Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

The best bit of advice I got was go down the bike shops and sit on them put your feet on the pegs and hands on the bars and see if you feel comfortable.
          I could say go for a Vstrom , Versys, MT07 Tracer or a CB500X all these are upright bikes but they may not work for you if you cant through you leg over it.
          Go out and have a look its half the fun
          I personally went the Versys 650L because it felt right if it proves to be the wrong choice I will sell it and get something else.

Comment

Working...
          X