No longer a virgin....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No longer a virgin....

Well today was a first on three fronts!!!!

Did my first lane split..... Scary....but felt sooooooo good! Still not ready to do it all the time, but got the first one out the way.

Then had my first pull over by Mr Plod....I asked him what I did wrong, and he said he wasnt happy with my "weaving" technique...meaning I went from left wheel track to right wheel track....as I was pulling into slip lane to turn right..... But he just said to be careful in future...."Yes Officer"

And then had my first emergency brake situation...... at the silver honda crv pulled out infront of me at Cottesloe Beach - next time look!!!!....lucky I was doing speed limit (40) and was able to pull up with no dramas. I didnt hit you and I didnt hit the ground. All in all, success I would say.

Hmmm, out on the bike again tomorrow????........ UBETCHA!!!!

you wanna stay a virgin to eating bitumen! good to hear you kept it rubber side up. take it easy out there.

Comment

you wanna stay a virgin to eating bitumen! good to hear you kept it rubber side up. take it easy out there.[/b]

Trust me, eating bitumen is something I dont want to try! I was quite proud of myself that I didnt panic when he pulled out, but still scared the crap out of me for a few seconds.

Comment

heya klars
        hows life without someone having to tag along behind?
        lot better i reckon
        have fun
        cheers
        dave
        there are 3 kinds of lies:, lies, damned lies and statistics [benjamin disraeli] 1804-1881

Comment

Well done mate, good to hear you didn't panic. You'll get used to lanesplitting soon enough. Funnily enough, after nearly 8 months, i've yet to be pulled over by a popo

Comment

Nice work . Looked like an awesome day to be out there too!

Comment

good to hear you kept it rubber side up.[/b]
              And shiny side down ..?
              Originally posted by Melkor
              The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

heya klars
                hows life without someone having to tag along behind?
                lot better i reckon
                have fun
                cheers
                dave[/b]

Hey Dave
                Yeah it is easier not needing a shadow everywhere.....but am always happy to go for a ride, so if your ever wanting to do another ride into the countryside....you know where I am!

Comment

i may well take you up on that klars, not today though, i have to clean up here and mow the yard, shitloads to do
                  where to start? hmm the beginning, gotta find it first
                  nice day out there, go riding or be all responsible?
                  i better stay here and do housework, it sucks being all responsible
                  there are 3 kinds of lies:, lies, damned lies and statistics [benjamin disraeli] 1804-1881

Comment

i may well take you up on that klars, not today though, i have to clean up here and mow the yard, shitloads to do
                    where to start? hmm the beginning, gotta find it first
                    nice day out there, go riding or be all responsible?
                    i better stay here and do housework, it sucks being all responsible [/b]
                    After waving goodbye to Insane as he left to go rinding with Wombat, I too have a list of things to do, nice to know I aint the only one missing out today

Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools.

Comment

well done dood, its good to hear u handled it well.

Comment

Working...
                      X