Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P Plates ?!?!

ill make this simple!

Im going for my R-E licence, i currently have my p plates for C class, when i pass my R-E licence do i have to complete another logbook and sit another kind of HPT test again?? or do i just get my R-E licence straight away?

Pretty sure your p plates and log book cover both classes.

Ie, if you're on Ps for your car, you're on Ps for your bike.

You can put log book entries in the book for both classes.

I think.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

You get the license but will need to keep the P Plates on your car and bike.

Comment

I've had my P plates for C class for about 1 1/2 years now, does that mean i will only have to have P plates on a bike for the remaining 1/2 yr??

Comment

bingo

Comment

yup you'll still need to have your P's but pretty sure u dont need to do another log book

Comment

nah, no other log book. Porcelain got her R-E while on C class P's and didn't have to do any other shit with it

Comment

They want the log book filled in all for one class. It's because you have the Phase 2 permit for one class. Once it's done for one class, you're done for good. Same with the HPT.

P plates are until you've had whichever class you've had longest for two years, or your 19th birthday, whichever period is longer (If you get your R-N at 16, you're going to be on your Ps for up to 3 years). And have to be displayed on all vehicle classes you hold a full licence for during the period.

Comment

So when/if Fraser passes the R-E prac test, he gets his probationary R-E licence, for the remaining 6 months until his C class P's are done. At which point he has a full C and R-E class licence?

Yes?
                  c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

bingo

Comment

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
                      They want the log book filled in all for one class. It's because you have the Phase 2 permit for one class. Once it's done for one class, you're done for good. Same with the HPT.
                      Yes... but if you are on phase 2 L's for C and R-E, can't you put entries in the log book from both classes?

Comment

Originally posted by rover View Post
                        Yes... but if you are on phase 2 L's for C and R-E, can't you put entries in the log book from both classes?
                        The Phase 2 book itself is only issued for one class, so nope.

Ours is not to ask the reason why, ours is but to do and die.

Comment

If you already have your P's For Car

simply you go in ask for the learners for the R-E and they will ask for you to show ID, it is your current license- all you have to do is sit the Motorcycle theory test, and then they give you your L's, all you then have to do is book a practical, when you pass this practical you have you're P's for the RE
                          no hpt is required if you already have your car P's
                          She's not hot enough to be a cougar...

Comment

Originally posted by jak47 View Post
                            If you already have your P's For Car

simply you go in ask for the learners for the R-E and they will ask for you to show ID, it is your current license- all you have to do is sit the Motorcycle theory test, and then they give you your L's, all you then have to do is book a practical, when you pass this practical you have you're P's for the RE
                            no hpt is required if you already have your car P's
                            This pleases me greatly.
                            c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

thanks!!

*extra characters*

Comment

Working...
                              X