Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Test - Big License - Midland

Hey People,

Have my test on Friday morning at Midland for my big license, morning after Linkin Park concert :o

Anywho, I'm only getting one lesson on the larger bike the morning before and I thought I'd do the usual and say, any tips for Midland that I should know before jumping in the deep end, it takes so long to get another test booked.

Here's the tip! PASS. lol

You should be right. hey arent as bad as people say. Only on P platers.
    Ride nicely, be polite. Believe it or not, a few of the guys down at Midland like bikes. If you ever need to pit one they will fight over who gets the test ride.

But so lonmg as you can ride you should pass. If you fail there will be a reason.

Comment

Read Joneen13's thread in the 250 section

Relax if you have done the work then you'll be fine

Comment

just watch out for the school zone that they take you through (depending on time) thats how I failed, farkin kids. Also watch out for the road works that they like to take you through.

Comment

I posted up the midland route on here not long ago... will look for it.
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

And here it is:

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-e-test-41017/

i did both my RE and R in midland
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Be sure to indicate when you're merging into one lane. That little one has cost a few people their test.

Pick a line to ride and stick to it for the whole test if you can. That's another I've noticed some of the examiners emphasise. If they disagree with your choice, do justify it to them.

Pay close attention to the railway area - don't stop on the painted area, but also don't block the side streets. They use this like a bear-trap.

Good luck.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

yeah, I did both in midland too. R class was far more relaxed, they take you through the formalities just to make sure you CAN ride a bike. ONly things I did were O turns, hill park, and yeah...just general riding. easy stuff. Same as RE don't forget head checks, especially when going over the DOUBLE rail crossing (look twice). out of interest who is your lesson through?
                Originally posted by kyliejane
                benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                Originally posted by harns
                Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Also remeber to head check both sides of the road. My examiner made a comment about a lot of people only checking the left side when they are on a dual carriageway.

Comment

I'm already dreading having to function the morning after Linkin Park on Thursday too. All the best for Friday.

taint- When you say head check both sides on a dual carriageway, are you talking about for turns, or keeping an eye out on side roads or what?

Comment

eye out for side roads
                      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Cheers people, that's awesome. When I did my RE's there I rode to close to the side of the road and all the sudden found myself in the faded painted lines that go along the side of the road for cyclists I believe. :S

I go through a guy named Angelo, he is in the forrestfield area.

I can ride as my bike has been my main form of transport for the past year, I just get so nervous for whatever reason with practical tests for anything.

Thank you for the feedback people.

Comment

You're no orphan there. Exam conditions usually have the inverse effect of All-bran on a lot of people. You can do something a thousand times but when someone is critiquing you, it can feel like the first.

That's why guys like virgins.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushyz View Post
                            I go through a guy named Angelo, he is in the forrestfield area.

If that is the guy at Wattle Grove (rides a matt black R1) - I did my R's with him last year - he's wicked! You should be fine.
                            Good luck.
                            sigpic

I used to have a handle on life......but it fell off!

Comment

How'd you go? Are congrats in order????
                              sigpic

I used to have a handle on life......but it fell off!

Comment

Working...
                              X