Jim's Learner rides.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim's Learner rides.

Maccas on the corner of Morley drive and Wanneroo road, seven O'clock on Monday nights, grab a shadow and come along

Should be able to make it again- Thanks for the last one
    She's not hot enough to be a cougar...

Comment

Browneyedgirl already has me booked
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
        Browneyedgirl already has me booked
        im in if anyone wants a shadow nor?

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

sounds good i might get around that
          (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

Great.....sounds like my shadow is booked again....:p

If you guys want some feed back ???..... last week was great...all the advice was so needed and to the point ! My instructor is giving me grief about figure O's ...and that is exactly what we did !!!! You need them to pass !!!!

In reality.....I have a mini carpark across the road where I can do figure O's everynight till I want to kill someone !!??....what I need is discipline to practise, time in a group and time dealing with traffic, roundabouts, corners etc...

but am going to be happy with whatever you offer ......time and experience = confidence and competence !!!!
            cheers, Una
            PS thanks Barfridge...really appreciate the help ! felt really safe behind you.....
            Life's short, stay close to the things that make you happy!!

Comment

Ok, this is what I want the rides to evolve into, it's not just you guys who learn, we'll all pick up stuff off each other, and feedback is most definately required.
              Next time we'll ride through traffic to somewhere with corners.

Comment

:p:p:p....I might live to regret this !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Browneyedgirl View Post
                  My instructor is giving me grief about figure O's ...and that is exactly what we did !!!! You need them to pass !!!!
                  Mine too. For some reason, I can generally do them reasonably well, until such a time as someone asks me to perform one. In which case I either use too much clutch, or not enough accelerator and have to put my foot down. I REALLY need to iron that out before my test.

I imagine half the fun of a group thing would be seeing 7 other people botch their O turns so it's not just you.

Comment

You using your rear brake at all in this process?
                    Set a decent amount of revs on your throttle and hold it there, then balance the speed of your bike using the clutch and rear brake.
                    And always always look where you want to end up.

Comment

Good point ryven, I think some of us 'experienced' riders should get into the action, show just how shit we really are under the facade.
                      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                        You using your rear brake at all in this process?
                        Set a decent amount of revs on your throttle and hold it there, then balance the speed of your bike using the clutch and rear brake.
                        And always always look where you want to end up.
                        Yeah...the penny dropped tonight.....need to use my rear brake and clutch to control what ia happening.....NOT MY THROTTLE !!!!! Maybe I will make progress npw !!!!????

Comment

Yes, well, maybe we could all do with more practice...
                          Thanks Jeff

Comment

Yeah, I just didn't mention it because I don't have any problems with it.

Comment

even Dubs made an appearance on monday night

Dubs

Comment

Working...
                              X