Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Licensing Centres wont even take phone calls now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing Centres wont even take phone calls now?

I've been trying to ring them everyday for the last week. Each time greeted with the "unusual high demand, please call again later"

How are you meant to check for cancellations if you cant even contact them via phone? I work and go to Uni so camping at the door everyday is not an option.

Alternatively does anyone have the direct contact number for City West licensing centre?

Umm, been like that for a while, you need to keep calling. Try first thing in the morning for best results.

Comment

keep trying
      as soon as you get that message try again straight away
      worked for me
      sigpic

Comment

I just love that 'unusually high call volume' bs. They weren't expecting it yesterday, and I bet it takes them completey by surprise tomorrow

I suppose it more tactful than "we're a governement department, half of us are on stress leave, and the other half can't be fucked answering the phone. But what are you gunna do about it? Suck it peasant"
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

being a dealer I have a direct line...but if I gave it to you I'd have to kill you.
          Originally posted by kyliejane
          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
          Originally posted by harns
          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
            I just love that 'unusually high call volume' bs. They weren't expecting it yesterday, and I bet it takes them completey by surprise tomorrow

I suppose it more tactful than "we're a governement department, half of us are on stress leave, and the other half can't be fucked answering the phone. But what are you gunna do about it? Suck it peasant"
            The unusually high call volume is the fuckers yelling at them down the phone for being on hold forever, then being told there's no tests or whatever...

Comment

I did my R test last week at West Perth - I tried to arrange a cancellation on the Wednesday (26th Sept) and was told they had none available but they usually release dates and times on Thursday mornings. Phoned up on Thursday at 8:30 and had a choice - initially for the next week but chose to hold off till two weeks later. I used the normal number 13 11 56.

I passed...

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper View Post
                I did my R test last week at West Perth - I passed...
                Congrats, I have been on hold by then as well and def not nice, but I just hang up and redial after a couple of minutes

Comment

Originally posted by kwakas View Post
                  being a dealer I have a direct line...but if I gave it to you I'd have to kill you.
                  And I'd have to kill you.

The direct number you guys have doesn't serve the general public anyway. Even if people called it, they'd just be told to call 13 11 56 and get no further for general enquiries.

As for the thread at hand, it's a central call centre. They're taking calls for everyone and that'd be why there's a delay sometimes. Though, every time I've called them on my days off it's never taken me more than 5 minutes from start to finish. That said, I've heard stories of 1 hour + wait times.

Comment

I waited an hour to cancel my C class test a couple of years back.
                    I know Frazcat got hit with a fine for not cancelling his, even though he rang and left a message.

To reiterate as always: DPI is run at a management/policy level by arseholes.
                    c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Working...
                    X