• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought 1st bike :D

Hey guys and Gals,

Im over the moon right now.
    I just bought my 1st bike.
    It's an 88 GPX250. I know its and oldie but its only done 68k and its mechanically sound.

She doesnt look like much atm thanks to a few drops but luckily thats something i can fix myself once i choose a colour

And the most important thing she was cheap

Last edited by hlucin8; 21-10-2007, 09:50 PM.
    sigpic
    2008 ZX14 SE
    'Prowl'

Congrats So long as it's mechanically good, don't be too worried, it's the same spec as an 07 gpx

Got your RE yet?
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

No not yet...

Thanks to the wonderful waiting list

But my mates offered to go riding with me whenever were both free so i'll get a few k's up before the test
      sigpic
      2008 ZX14 SE
      'Prowl'

Comment

Yeah the waiting list is a bit of a pain in the arse. Definitely get at least one professional lesson though - the instructor will give you an honest assessment of where you're at and what you need to do...
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Don't believe I've seen a white one before... looks good mate.
          Practice O-turns and Figure 8s out front of your house every night.

See you out there soon...ish

Comment

Grats on the new bike.
            Waiting list sucks.
            Hope to seeya out on a ride.
            Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

well done mate. come along to some newbie rides. theyre good fun

not a zzr, but no1s perfect ^_^

Comment

That bike was on eBay wasn't it? Great buy, nice and cheap and no different to the newer GPX's.
                PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                  Don't believe I've seen a white one before...
                  Fadded?

Congrats on the GPx.
                  And as Ben usually says, remember 'stret cred come standard'!

Comment

Originally posted by hlucin8 View Post
                    Hey guys and Gals,

Im over the moon right now.
                    I just bought my 1st bike.
                    It's an 88 GPX250.
                    It looks like you got yourself a bit of an upograde comparing to your MITSUBISHI-T ... Congrats and good luck with the licence..

Comment

Yeah it's the one that was on ebay.

Went and looked at it today and i used to work with his brother. its a small world. Mate took it for a spin, talked money and i pick it up tomorrow night. By the time we got back home he'd already pulled it off ebay. I know because i wanted to get the pic to show ppl but it was gone haha.

I've never seen a white one either... its unique but its not staying that way haha.

Once i get the body smoothed over i'll be painting it all and it deffinately wont stay white.
                      sigpic
                      2008 ZX14 SE
                      'Prowl'

Comment

leave it white.... sperm white!!

Comment

Congrats on the new bike.

Come on some of the Learner rides. Great chance to pick up some skill.

Comment

Originally posted by hlucin8 View Post
                            Yeah it's the one that was on ebay.

Went and looked at it today and i used to work with his brother. its a small world. Mate took it for a spin, talked money and i pick it up tomorrow night. By the time we got back home he'd already pulled it off ebay. I know because i wanted to get the pic to show ppl but it was gone haha.

I've never seen a white one either... its unique but its not staying that way haha.

Once i get the body smoothed over i'll be painting it all and it deffinately wont stay white.
                            Nice did you find it before i posted the link in the for sale section?

great buy mate you must be happy az

Comment

Yea leave it white then you and desmo can be sperm brothers lol

Nah congrat's man stay upright

Cheers Rickyj

Comment

Working...
                              X