Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a bike - FZR250

G'day evri1
    Just got a bike yesterday and i am prety pumped bout it, although the weather hasnt been to kind to me the last couple of days i hope to get out on the road next week some time. Thanks to everyone at motorcycles plus for making it happen for me. Its a Yamaha FZR250 and i'm so happy with it.
    I hope to see you all on the road soon.:p
    P.S. you can probly recognise me by the white pillion seat, dont think anyone else has one like that haha
    Attached Files

Congrats, ride safe see youout there sometime soon

Comment

Hey congrats mate. Looks very tidy!

Stay upright!
      `Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Comment

Such good condition and these bikes are just so nice to ride, all the best with it.

Comment

well done mate enjoy
          If you are not growing you must be dead

Formally known as Markvk

Comment

Nice one mate. Looks tidy.

I have an FZR250 too. What model is yours? looks like the steel frame so i'm guessing its 89 or before, possibly a 2KR?

Good luck with it mate, keep it right side up and you'll have a blast.

Shaun

Comment

FZR's suck sell it man and get something else... (alterior motive) lol
              Yeah looks like a 2KR, has the single fron disc like mine.
              How friggin good do they pull from low revs! like 30kmh in 6th!(50kmh can go WOT and not labouring, just pulls sweetly) maybemine has had gearing messed with?
              Whats yours like for low rpm rideability?

"Bushyz"- you know you love 'em ;P
              "Redlines are merely suggestions"
              "Stroked is fun, but I'ld rather get blown"

Comment

Nice bike champ,a tad too much black for my liking but youll get the opertunity to change that after the first time she slides down the road.

She should be one of the better handeling 250's out there.

Dont let the rain stop ya,its only water. What are you going to do,drive to work every time it looks like it might rain?

Have fun mate.
                "YOU CAN TEACH A FAST RIDER TO STOP CRASHING,BUT YOU CANT TEACH A SLOW RIDER TOO RIDE FAST." Mick Doohan

Comment

Nice bike. See you out there.

Originally posted by stone View Post
                  What are you going to do,drive to work every time it looks like it might rain?
                  I, for one, will be hitting up the cage.

Comment

Its an 88 grey import 2KR would be my best guess. It is a beautifully handling bike, better than the virago i did my test on. I'm hoping not to slide down the road but i'll definately get colour scheme advice if i do haha. As for the pull at low revs, TBH i havnt bin reving it below 5k anyway. I've only riden it 4 about 2 hours on thursday and friday and i was thrashing her the whole time, its just way 2 fun. But compared 2 what i have been on she goes prety sweet.
                    BTW shaun, i'm loving the paint on ur beast, ausi pride buddy
                    Just i question, if anyone else that has a FZR out there has looked at getting or has put on an aftermarket pipe, i'm just wondering how it goes/what it sounds like. Dont get me wrong, i love the scream when you get above 10k rpm but i'm interested bout what setup everyone else has.
                    Also about riding in the rain, its not so much about getting wet, moreso having the confidence that i need 2 ride in the rain, i dont mind getting wet haha.
                    Anyway thanks evri1, i'll hav fun 4 sure

Comment

Ha ha,I was just haven a dig mate. You'll soon get wet weather confidence,I found once I got a few little rear wheels slips out of the way Id found the edge of traction in the wet,and focused on wathchen out for oil patches and retarded car drivers n stuff.
                      "YOU CAN TEACH A FAST RIDER TO STOP CRASHING,BUT YOU CANT TEACH A SLOW RIDER TOO RIDE FAST." Mick Doohan

Comment

Yeah. In all honesty, unless it's absolutely pissing down with rain to the point that you start having difficulty seeing in a car, you should be alright in terms of handling. Just a matter of braking sooner and taking things at a pace you can handle.

Comment

FZR's are cool.

Yeah, nice bike.
                          I love mine. FZR is the way to go. just like a CBR but 1/2 the price.
                          I have a 3LN. Twin front disks.

Must catch up some time, and compare notes.
                          Ben

Comment

Hey mate,

that bike looks schmik as!! congrats!

hope to see u on the learner ride this thurs

Comment

nice bike

Ill probably see you out there pretty soon, just gotta get my license organised...

woo go leeming crew ahah

Comment

Working...
                              X