Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First "Ohhhh Shit" Moment

Riding to work this morning....

Turning left onto William St. 2 turning Lanes. Dotted White Lines Clearly Marked.

Riding up to the lights that where green and I was in the left lane. Little cage in the right. Get to the corner and she was a little in front and last min cuts 3/4 into the left lane I'm in! I smash on front and rears and love tap the left rear bumper of her car with my front wheel faring.

Hearts going about 400 bpm and I round the corner and come up next to her shaking my head waiting for her to pull over to make sure her car is ok and that maybe just maybe I am ok but ..... no just continues on and wont even turn her head to look at me.

I hope she is sitting at work thinking "Shit I nearly make a guy fall off his bike today" but chances are she had forgotten about it 5 sec after I tapped her.

Certainly woke me up on how people just do not care any more.

Did you get the plate? Report it as a hit and run.
    I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Originally posted by hokoyo View Post
      Did you get the plate? Report it as a hit and run.
      No it didn't cross my mind. I had to settle a bit after.

Comment

Originally posted by KillSwitch View Post
        I hope she is sitting at work thinking "Shit I nearly make a guy fall off his bike today" but chances are she had forgotten about it 5 sec after I tapped her.

Unfortunately, I think you'll find she's more than likely totally oblivious to you even having been anywhere near her, or thinking "damn motorcycles, he must have been speeding!"

Good thing you're ok though, its the near misses like this that remind us to keep an eye out and maybe help us prevent the big accident happening...
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

people are fucked..
          Originally posted by kyliejane
          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
          Originally posted by harns
          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Yup it happens from time to time. It's part of the fun of riding daily.....
            Have you introduced your boot to her door-skin yet?
            Dead Man's Hand
            Internationational Porter Protection Group
            Just call me Pat

Comment

Originally posted by KillSwitch View Post
              Riding to work this morning....

Turning left onto William St. 2 turning Lanes. Dotted White Lines Clearly Marked.

Riding up to the lights that where green and I was in the left lane. Little cage in the right. Get to the corner and she was a little in front and last min cuts 3/4 into the left lane I'm in! I smash on front and rears and love tap the left rear bumper of her car with my front wheel faring.

Hearts going about 400 bpm and I round the corner and come up next to her shaking my head waiting for her to pull over to make sure her car is ok and that maybe just maybe I am ok but ..... no just continues on and wont even turn her head to look at me.

If you were in the left part of your left lane, then it didnt have to be happen that way.

Live and learn. Glad that you are ok
              Jackie the C

I love V-twin ^^'

Comment

Good to see your ok, which is the main thing!

As for the driver - whatya gonna do?!?!? Hopefully she realised and scared her into thinking that she better look before cutting over..... doubtful tho'!

Comment

I had a similar experience the other day.

Some bimbo trophy wife in a Merc SUV pulled right in front of me on a round about. Wasn't even looking where she was going and I think she may have been on the phone.

So i gave her headlight a nice hard kick (i think i broke it) and gave her the finger as I rode away.

You've really just gotta stay sharp and watch out for dickheads like that.

Good to hear that your ok though.
                  Feels good man.

Comment

just glad to hear u stayed upright mate

Comment

Be happy you didn`t come off or worse, it might be the first time, but it definately won`t be the last time it`ll happen to you....just go by the old everyone is out there to kill me rule and you increase your chances of survival by 100%.......
                      SP RACINGis supported by:
                      MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                      Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                      Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Its good knowing you guys have experienced similar things. I even get it driving the cage. Some people just don't care about 1. Other People, 2. Others Peoples Cars/Bikes, 3. Their life, 4. Their cars. There needs to be something done about something to prevent people being so lazy and actually wake up and "Drive their Car" not "Talk on the phone" while relaxing and sort of making the car go forward in some sort of direction.

Originally posted by Jackomo View Post
                        If you were in the left part of your left lane, then it didnt have to be happen that way.
                        I was in the left cause I knew we would be turning near each other but as soon as i saw her pull over hit the anchors and had to keep it upright so taped the back bumper just behind the wheel arch. I hope I left a mark I first thought I was going to hit her rear left wheel.

Well thats my winge. Ill shut up now

Comment

did u slam on the horn n flip the bird at her?

Comment

all these incidents could have easily been prevented with more more multinovas and higher speeding fines. at least, that's the way the cops seem to view things
                            "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

if everyone drove a manual car there would be very little chance of successfully talking/texting on the phone and driving.
                              Originally posted by kyliejane
                              benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                              Originally posted by harns
                              Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X