Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Test at Willagee - anything to watch for??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test at Willagee - anything to watch for??

Like evil testers that may lurk there and how to win them over or odd roads?? I took the only test time I could for early Dec. and that's in Willa...but its out of my normal area so not used to the roads down there. Any dodgy areas or sneaky things I should watch for or is it a case of just trust my abilities and not stress?

I'm probably a bit concerned cos got my first on-road lesson this week - bit different to the safety of carparks....EEK :o

Thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by Elise
    I have no idea wot the conversation was, I remember a coconut falling asleep on me!

Depending what time your test is, watch out for 40km/h school zones, merging lane, big trucks on stock rd and leach hwy and all in all DON'T SPEED

Comment

Your best bet is to book a lesson with one of the local schools and get them to take you on 1 lesson around the area and point out all the dodgy areas to you.

Andrews driving school is good
      Wes

Comment

yeah andrews knows everything about that place.

im from down this area. What time is your test? As the 2 peak periods and the lunch hour is usually busy as buggery
        As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

watch out for the idiots that don't stop at stop signs.... and school zones....
          Originally posted by kyliejane
          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
          Originally posted by harns
          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Yeah and watch out for Grantlington, his bike seems to have issues keeping the rear wheel down

Comment

haha shuttup! its the front wheel too.
              As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

Best bet is to get yourself a shadow and get familiar with the territory, I know what Willagee is like as an area ( I have a factory round the corner), you will have a lot of hill starts and pretty heavy traffic on Stock Road and being an older area, the streets can be confusing. The more time you spend in this area the better, so lesson up and shadow up. IIRC you have a scooter so it won't be that hard for you to ride up this end of town and have a good look see.

Comment

Hi Zanzara,

Best money you'll spend is to take a lesson or two before your test in that area. I just got my R-class with Lester from Andrew's Driving School (9418 1344) and he was awesome. He knows the instructors and what they look for and also knows the routes they take.
                  What's more, Andrews actually pre-book tests with the willagee licensing centre so you don't have to wait 15 years for a test. I took a couple of lessons with him...he decided i was ready, asked if i could do a test in 4 days time. Passed. And bob is your uncle.

No i do not work for Andrews - I've just had other instructors who are a league behind Lester.

$55/lesson i think.

mike.t
                  Last edited by mike7; 06-11-2007, 03:26 PM. Reason: I'm on the verge of being a moron
                  Racer #202

Comment

watch out at the lights on the corner of stock road and marmion street. One of the test routes you have to turn left off marmion- if you do, make sure you headcheck left and right, and then check over your left shoulder for bikes in the bike lane
                    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by wayney View Post
                      and being an older area, the streets can be confusing.
                      wtf, why are the streets confusing? New areas are way more confusing than willagee/ that area
                      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

About time girl.

Now we'll be able to go for spins together. YAY

Comment

I did my RE's there few years back. Pretty easy run, only thing to watch is if you're assessor takes you along Marmion St and then you'll have to remember to headcheck and merge over the stupid bicycle lanes - a bit tricky when they are straight after lights when you are already merging from 2 lanes down to one. My instructor spent ages taking me thru it, then my asessor took me nowhere near there! Other than that, yeah Leach Hwy can be a bit busy with lots of trucks and it can be a bit hilly in parts. I work down that way, know it pretty well. Watch out for the peak hours and the school hours but other than that, I reckon it's probably better than somewhere like Morley (don't know tho, only going from what I've heard - did my R's at Welshpool - that place rocks!!)
                          Take the scoot down there and have a lookie. Who are you having your lessons thru?
                          Have sent you a PM,
                          Mel
                          sigpic

I used to have a handle on life......but it fell off!

Comment

Originally posted by semi View Post
                            watch out at the lights on the corner of stock road and marmion street. One of the test routes you have to turn left off marmion- if you do, make sure you headcheck left and right, and then check over your left shoulder for bikes in the bike lane
                            and then also head check for the merge imidiatley after turning as well.

I agree with the others, go get a few lessons from lester at andrews driving school, he told me everything i needed to know to the point the assessor said "Lester has already shown you the route and told you what to do so if your happy to just go ahead and do the whole lot so we dont have to stop for dirrections" I did and it was a breeze. Apparently like 3 of the most regular assessors there always use the same route.

Shaun

Comment

yayy, zanza's back !

good luck with ya test mozzie,wish you all the spiffingyahooverybest.

catcha thurs if ya get a pillion and i get out of looming overtime, no rest for the wicked here

um errr darth vader potato

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Working...
                              X