No announcement yet.

The bad news is, I'm still on my Ls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bad news is, I'm still on my Ls...

So, I had my test today.

I was feeling like shit this morning. Wasn't feeling well all weekend, and hayfever playing up something chronic this morning. Though, Saturday arvo was a new record for me - 9 consecutive sneezes. :/ Oh, and then I'd have to add the fact that I was so groggy this morning that I didn't notice I was half an hour late in meeting my instructor. It was my bike or his, and partially because of easy O-turns/partially because I was concerned my bike is pretty much due for its first service, as such I was trying to avoid racking up kms as a precaution against a worst case scenario in which it'd be difficult to get the damn thing over there.

So... Anyway. Rocked up early, sat around for a bit and the likes. Went for a little ride, and the next thing I knew I was leaving with an R-class permit and an interim licence. :o

I guess the main reason I made this thread is so I can be cliché, and this time thank everyone on a public forum. Thank you to Ceebeearrarr and Helrayzer/starfire for shadowing/co-shadowing and helping me get the on road experience up. Another thanks to Stoneville for helping me find a shadow/orangising 250 rides in general. You all rock.

So, see you guys out there.

On a side note - If you, like me, suffer from hayfever: DO take something at very least for your test. Hayfever tablet worked a treat.

umm Congrats, so you have your RE and your R L's in one day well done

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
      umm Congrats, so you have your RE and your R L's in one day well done
      Yup. Won't be able to take a test until 6/11/08, mind. But I figured why not? The permit prices aren't likely to go down, that's for sure.

Comment

Congrats

enjoy and stay shiny side up
        ellE

jenius

Comment

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
          Yup. Won't be able to take a test until 6/11/08, mind. But I figured why not? The permit prices aren't likely to go down, that's for sure.
          Congrats.

So when does the new permit expire?
          In my experience it's one day before (IE, I got my C Phase 2 L's on 10/10/07, and it expires 9/10/08).
          Wouldn't this mean your R L's expire on 5/11/08? Thus you have to go renew them before doing the test anyway (wouldn't it have been better to wait a few days before getting R L's, or maybe even a few months!?)

Comment

R class L's can be renewed free of charge for an additional 12 months I believe.

After 24 months, you pay a renewal fee (but not another test fee). Or something like that. Know a couple of people who have had their car L's for more than 12 months.

Comment

I renewed my R-E learners free of charge and it was about 3 years since I had them in the first place, so yeah ... I think you pay for the test and if you don't do the test you can just renew your learners for free.

Comment

Yeah, I know its free. Would just be a pain having to renew the permit 1 day before your test

Comment

congrats on the pass, have fun out there and stay safe
                  there are 3 kinds of lies:, lies, damned lies and statistics [benjamin disraeli] 1804-1881

Comment

welcome to freedom ryven.......

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by rover View Post
                      Yeah, I know its free. Would just be a pain having to renew the permit 1 day before your test
                      I work in licensing. Renewing it is the least of my troubles.

Fun facts:
                      Renewal of a learners permit does not cost you anything in itself.
                      The theory test you take for your learners permit is valid for 5 years, after which you must pay to resit it if you wish to continue with your learners permit.
                      If you do not need to resit your theory test, but you have no valid test entitlement you do not need to pay for an additional test to extend said permit. That said, it is strongly encouraged given otherwise you're going to have to come back, wasting your time and ours. Meaning you can renew it for free...
                      Last edited by Ryven; 06-11-2007, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Congrats Ryven, can't wait to join you guys out there at some point!

Will see you on the LNR rides if you're not too experienced to go now
                        R Legal and loving it

Comment

Should be going on the Bindoon ride this Sunday as long as I'm not too tired after Muse the night before. I'm trying to avoid going on some of the others in between because the bike still needs that service, but couldn't get in until Thursday. They've assured me it wont touch my warranty if I don't do anything over 500-600.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
                            I work in licensing. Renewing it is the least of my troubles.
                            Ryven works in licensing....hmmm, me thinks handy person to know!

Congrats Ryven!

Comment

Hello ryven, im also a fellow licencing worker lol
                              im still on my learners going for my RE next week cant wait to get out there on the roads on my new bike which im am still looking few the right one.

Comment

Working...
                              X